Game On! Pies v. Giants. Updates, all comments.

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by shawthing »

mightypies90 wrote:Never play Ash Johnson again. Every team has big marking forwards and we go and recruit midgets.
I honestly thought the lack of a KPF would cost us the flag last season. Thank goodness it didn't. But it sure will this year. As I said before, every team is going to steal our game plan and improve 10-20 percent. If we stand still we might even miss the eight. Unthinkable for sure, but look at the competition this year. I seriously think there will be at least 14 teams battling for position in the eight. It's in our hands.
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

Outcoached.
Playing talls on all our small forwards.
Not one winner inside F50.
Running forward and in waves everywhere waiting for a mistake from us.
Poor goal kicking the GF, the Richmond game last week, and tonight. Pathetic really.
Est. 2002
Haff
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Haff »

Drag JDG. Anyone else see those two insipid efforts then turned and argued with the umpire.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
shawthing

Post by shawthing »

Magpietothemax wrote:This game is a concern, in the sense that last year we came out in Rd 1 with all guns blazing.
This year, we have come out in disarray, as if we have lost all understanding of our system.
This has sapped our energy, and there has been little will shown to turn around the effort.
Worried by this start.
You know we ALL should have seen this coming when we gave up an early lead to be poleaxed by North Melbourne in the practice match. I mean it was only a praccy match, but yeah...
Jezza
Has liked: 223 times
Been liked: 311 times

Post by Jezza »

Checkers! GOAL!

GWS 89-55 Collingwood.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Piesnchess
Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Big shout out to Sidey, the little dynamo never gives up, if all our players showed his utter determination, we would be right in this match.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Jezza wrote:Checkers! GOAL!

GWS 89-55 Collingwood.
The drought has ended.
Let's now hope for a Noah like deluge.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
mightypies90
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by mightypies90 »

Two big GWS forwards 9 goals between them.
Last edited by mightypies90 on Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The artist formerly known as schuey7.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

shawthing wrote:
mightypies90 wrote:Never play Ash Johnson again. Every team has big marking forwards and we go and recruit midgets.
I honestly thought the lack of a KPF would cost us the flag last season. Thank goodness it didn't. But it sure will this year. As I said before, every team is going to steal our game plan and improve 10-20 percent. If we stand still we might even miss the eight. Unthinkable for sure, but look at the competition this year. I seriously think there will be at least 14 teams battling for position in the eight. It's in our hands.

I think McStay is a huge loss for us, really, it was him that really gave these Orange pricks hell in the PF, we will miss him for sure. Just have to try an cover for his absence.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Well doesn't Cox look like a dickhead now.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
mightypies90
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by mightypies90 »

Piesnchess wrote:Big shout out to Sidey, the little dynamo never gives up, if all our players showed his utter determination, we would be right in this match.
Sidney and WHE been our best.
The artist formerly known as schuey7.
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 81 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Just rebooted my Kayo service but no good. Can’t erase this performance. Hopefully we can find a highlight in the last 15minutes. We seem to be aiming for the lowlights though
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark of the last quarter
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Jezza wrote:GWS away from home will be one of our toughest fixtures of the year.

We haven’t played well, but I don’t see it any being worse than this during the year.
So many premierships, over the years, have been lost by the middle of March - it's hard to see how the team could possibly recover.
shawthing

Post by shawthing »

It's not the loss so much as the way we've been utterly dismantled. Embarrassing. I remember this happening in 1991.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

What'sinaname wrote:Well doesn't Cox look like a dickhead now.

Oh come on, we have had at least ten other players put in a shocker too, not just him, this is Pendles worst game ever id say. :o