Thinking ahead to 2023 draft...

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

I'm with the club on drafting Key positions outside the top 10, every tall I've drooled over the last few years at our picks and went to another club hasn't looked like coming on, but the right quick can walk into a team and we're in a window so I'm going for the kind of run we know McRae likes and list needs to a certain extent.

19: Koltyn Tholstrup: we're already into him and he sounds like that bull HFF mid we love.
https://youtu.be/pkCKOfPR9QQ?si=2n-Dx_LGVdhpKgAG

33: Charlie Edwards: His highlight reel makes me want to lock him in with our first pick but the club seems to have a hard on for Tholstrup's mullet.
https://youtu.be/fHl-25ZNzQ4?si=bhHDK7mQ_sDkE_qG

80: Lachlan Charleson: Another one that can go in the midfield and dominate or kick a lazy 8 goals in a pocket. He's another small but we've lost Ginny, Murley was a bust, Richards is a bust and this guy plays like Schulz.
https://youtu.be/iUTc07IcYeM?si=ZoGxuzGpodi0awq-

The other picks will blow out and 80 will come in but probably not enough for Charleson so we may go O'Driscoll having picked the last three 20m sprint winners of the combine and make it 4 in a row.

I actually think all 3 will be gone by our picks but it's all theoretically possible til they call out the names and dash my hopes and dreams.
Flagpies
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

warburton lad wrote: I would love to see the Pies draft Schoenmaker from Tassie (194 cm Blackman with a booming kick) and, if available, Archer Reid as a 202cm forward/key back.
Do better WL!
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

warburton lad wrote:
I would love to see the Pies draft Schoenmaker from Tassie (194 cm Blackman with a booming kick)....
I don't really care if he's a Blackman or a Whiteman, as long as he's good. :wink:
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 58 times

Post by warburton lad »

dalyc wrote:
warburton lad wrote: I would love to see the Pies draft Schoenmaker from Tassie (194 cm Blackman with a booming kick) and, if available, Archer Reid as a 202cm forward/key back.
Do better WL!
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

Not sure how you depart with someone (Faye) that wasn't on your list but I assume they mean we won't be taking up the Cat B option with him.
With the Condon commitment let's hope Sutherland is on the way to fill the other Cat B spot while we're dreaming the dream.
Flagpies
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Sorry KOC, but would you explain each of those statements for those of us playing along at home pls?

Who's Faye and who's departing with them (or not)?

I get Condon, but more information on Sutherland pls?
Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:Sorry KOC, but would you explain each of those statements for those of us playing along at home pls?

Who's Faye and who's departing with them (or not)?

I get Condon, but more information on Sutherland pls?
My apologies WhyPee, a big Roo stepped in front of our Ute and we ran it over, I hope that clears things up.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/wha ... 5eh2a.html

International scholarship player Bassirou Faye, who was not officially part of Collingwood's list, will not be at the club next season.

*I don't understand why there isn't a story about me not being at the club next year, I'm not officially on the list either.

**Sutherland is a star cricketer that would be our CHF for the next 10 years but we can't convince him to give up that bat and ball.
Flagpies
Culprit
Been liked: 60 times

Post by Culprit »

I'd love Jaymie Kempson to be picked up. He's 20 and a tough kid who's one smart footballer, 6ft athletic and has pace. Reads the play very well. Freo, Melb, and Essendon have had a chat with him.
Last edited by Culprit on Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

Kingsofclutch wrote:...
**Sutherland is a star cricketer that would be our CHF for the next 10 years but we can't convince him to give up that bat and ball.
Will? What are his footy credentials?

Has a dark history... But also captaincy roles now.
WhyPhilWhy?
Been liked: 33 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Faye - so much not part of the Club, I’d completely forgotten about him…

Sutherland to do a Keath if he doesn’t make the Aussie team by when?
K
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

Well, even if his Oz dreams stall, the T20 slogathon circuit will pay just as well as AFL.
Take_a_Screamer
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

This is for fun. If you get bored this guy from his YT channel, True Footy, has made a mock draft board, estimating all the likely picks for each club. I won't give away what his result is for Collingwod.

There is another entire prediction by a subscriber in the video comments.

Jesse attempts to predict the entire 2023 AFL Draft
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMlLOSH5_NE
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Take_a_Screamer wrote:This is for fun. If you get bored this guy from his YT channel, True Footy, has made a mock draft board, estimating all the likely picks for each club. I won't give away what his result is for Collingwod.

There is another entire prediction by a subscriber in the video comments.

Jesse attempts to predict the entire 2023 AFL Draft
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMlLOSH5_NE

I loved this comment

"Crows should draft Tholstrup just for the lolz. Thilthorpe and Tholstrup in the same forward line!"

Wouldn't commentators love that !!
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Kenny calendar and Ita Buttrose would have conniptions.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum