The not drafting or trading for James Stewart

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

With time Geoff Austen and Michael Horsborough can still make it!
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by stui magpie »

i still believe his best work was "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance"
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
loki04

Post by loki04 »

The club stuffed up by not at the least testing the waters there was no harm in nominating and then not matching should too low of a pick be used.
Up the Mighty Mags 2016.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

With all due respect mate, that is a load of tripe, he drafted Ramsay With our second pick FFs, our second pick was always going to used.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
E

Post by E »

Defender wrote:Need to remember as well, if we'd nominated him as a FS chances are excellent Sheedy would have bidded with his second round pick, In turn forcing us to use our original second rounder and im pretty sure we traded that for a pick upgrade, so Stewart probably would have cost us a lot more than Ramsay, possibly one of BK-Grundy or Broom.

Oops, I take that back, 38 was our second pick, so he would've cost us Ramsay.
yeah, but only if we matched!
E

Post by E »

Pies2016
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Pies2016 »

I will just reserve my judgement until he actually shows some consistancy on the footy field. Im yet to be convinced we have missed out on anything special. Good luck to him, anyway.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
neil
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by neil »

Has done nothing so far to suggest Hine was wrong
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
E

Post by E »

agree.
Dave The Man
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dave The Man »

He had 1 Good game in a Meanliss Game vs the Dogs and 1 got Practise Games.

Looks good but far way away from knowing IF we made a Mistake or Not
I am Da Man
Collingwood Crackerjack

Post by Collingwood Crackerjack »

Flashman wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:What about his 5 kick, 1 goal game against the Bombers' 3rds prompted this thread?
:lol: Exactly but it probably won't stop John Ralph writing another article about how the Pies recruiters ballsed another one up and how the lack of Stewart is causing Pies supporters ulcers, haemorrhoids and various other anxiety related afflictions.
So that's whats causing it! I told the doctor it had nothing to do with the beer and fried food intake!

He's not much chop, you'd make room for him on the list if the cards fell that way, but I doubt he'll ever cost you a premiership by his absense
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

I'd have thought that locking away a second round pick for a player we didn't rate that highly in a year where we were doing a decent amount of trading would not have been the smartest decision. We needed flexibility to ensure the trades we were working on could get done.
Well done boys!
MightyMagpie

Post by MightyMagpie »

I'd back Hine's judgment in.

Having said that Stewart looked raw but promising for a KPF in the game the other day.

If turns out to be any good then at least we have the FS link to try to bring him back into the Pies family.
All We Can Be
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Unfortunately Ramsay is an unremarkable height, kick, skill and X factor player and in hindsight a 6ft 6 player like Stewart could have been a point of difference. Especially when we have 9 half back flankers on our list too!
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum