Young players we persevere with

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Re: Young players we persevere with

Post by RudeBoy »

The players I'd consider letting go are:

Johnson
McInnes
Bytel
Long
Macrae
Sullivan

The one's I'd keep are:

Kreuger (we need KP depth)
Eyre (ditto)
Dean (ditto)
DeMattia
TJ
Allan
Parker
Steene
Smidt
Last edited by RudeBoy on Mon Oct 14, 2024 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boot
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Boot »

With the expectation that we will be getting Dan Houston as well as Harry Perryman as new recruits for 2025, as well as all of our aging veterans going around again there is going to be very few opportunities for the list of young players listed in this thread. I guess having good depth is critical for the club but there seems to be a lot less likelihood for players like, Jaith, DeMattia, Parker, Ryan, Long, Sullivan, Allan and McInnes to force their way past more senior players. There is still a lack of key position players at the club so Eyre, Kreuger and Steene may get more opportunities if there are any injuries to our established talls?
I guess if they play well enough and improve their form to a level that is superior to the older players then they will earn their place but it would be a daunting pre-season for most of these younger players to be setting their sights on edging out such established stars of the competition.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 113 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

I would like to think this season we could
Get games into Allan and Demattia in seniors (15 would be good)
Maybe we use Allan in and under and Demattia on a wing
4 or 5 games in a couple back to rest and come back fresh again
To a lesser extent I would like to see TJ given some games as well maybe give Howe a spell if we are travelling to WA etc
Maybe Parker plays a bit as a sub
Also if we keep McInnes and we feel he’s going to be a back he has to play there the entire season there in the VFL unless injury hits the seniors along with Dean he needs to be ready to replace Howe or Maynard if required
If Richard’s isn’t part of the Noble trade then he may stay in our lesser deal or maybe he finds himself a team elsewhere
We just need to decide early on who we believe will be AFL standard and have them ready for 2026
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

Ollie Henry has huge upside.

Oh, wait...