Keeping the band together. What if we lose Leppitsch?

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Bottom line is I'd be very sad if he goes.
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR

Post by uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR »

stui magpie wrote:^

Say Hi back to him for me, then please elaborate, I don't recall that situation.
'

Basically, with 2 games remaining in the 2009 H&A season and Collingwood looking to secure a top 4 position, Brad Scott [Midfield coach] drives over to Arden Street from the Lexus Centre, puts on a Kangaroos polo top and fronts the media conference to announce he's the new senior coach at North.

Pretty sure they locked the car park gates when he attempted to return :-)

Collingwood statement on Brad Scott: 'Brad will be released from all responsibilities at the club immediately. He will not be replaced as the club will rely on its existing team of assistant coaches and support staff.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Win the 2023 and 2024 premiership and he can go to richmond in th meantime he is rock solidly set and working at Collingwood till that happens
Mark my words we will not change a thing.
I think Bolton even stays with us
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Stuff them we have a premiership to win
Piesnchess
Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Forget Leppa, the tigers have an ageing list, Lynch is 30, Jack 34, Grimes, Cotchin, Dusty 32, and others, and they gave up their early picks to get Taranto and Hooper, which was to get an instant flag, it did not happen, they need a rebuild now, Leppa may not want that. Word on the street is Dimma may swap places with Hinley at Port, seasons end. nothing would surprise me. Of course, they should have retained Fly, hed be logical replacement, but we got hm, so hard cheese tigers. !!
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

If he leaves mid-season, maybe we'll get Voss to replace him as an Assistant :twisted:
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by stui magpie »

uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR wrote:
stui magpie wrote:^

Say Hi back to him for me, then please elaborate, I don't recall that situation.
'

Basically, with 2 games remaining in the 2009 H&A season and Collingwood looking to secure a top 4 position, Brad Scott [Midfield coach] drives over to Arden Street from the Lexus Centre, puts on a Kangaroos polo top and fronts the media conference to announce he's the new senior coach at North.

Pretty sure they locked the car park gates when he attempted to return :-)

Collingwood statement on Brad Scott: 'Brad will be released from all responsibilities at the club immediately. He will not be replaced as the club will rely on its existing team of assistant coaches and support staff.
Cheers, I didn't remember that, but as I said above, we could have held him to his contract for the rest of the season if we wanted to, but chose not to.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Johnno75
Been liked: 45 times

Post by Johnno75 »

I thought Sanderson did something similar in 2011, not for a senior gig but as an assistant, was it to join Bucks in 2012.

Either way if he is announced as a senior coach later in the season it’s likely we will leave immediately even if it doesn’t start until next season.

I reckon it will be Hinkley or maybe Bucks before Leppa.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
K
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:If he leaves mid-season, maybe we'll get Voss to replace him as an Assistant :twisted:
Jokes aside, Leppa is Head of Strategy, and game tactics are said to be Voss's weakness. They were comparing Carlton's assistants unfavourably to Collingwood's on Footy Classified... and saying Carlton knew Voss needed support in that area when they hired him.

LaurieHolden wrote:The drums are already beating for Leppitsch to return to Punt Road to fill the vacancy Hardwick has left.
A journo, maybe Niall, wrote just the other day that Leppa has strengths that make him a good asst. coach, but flaws that make him a bad senior coach.
Pies2016
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Pies2016 »

^^^

F W I W, here’s a run down of what I heard from a long time mate and still current Richmond FC staffer today. He and others at the club believe it’s unlikely the Tigers will consider Leppa as the next SENIOR coach of the club. His strategies and player development are second to none but he’s a well known hot head, to the point where Richmond modified his role during his later days at the club. I’m sure he would be in strong demand as an assistant but that’s not improving the status of his current role, unless of course he was paid considerably more. What I do know is that Leon Cameron has maintained some very strong ties and friendships at Richmond over the passing years. Keep an eye out for his name in the coming weeks. He also had great relationships with both Taranto and Hopper.
They also think Hardwick would happily move to the G C with his partner ( the same former Richmond employee ) just to both start fresh and get away from the constant “ home wrecker “ snipes and judgements. Hardwick is also virtually estranged from his daughters, so the pull to stay here is no longer strong.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
slangman
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by slangman »

IIRC Leppa has stated that he would never want to be a senior coach again.
He seems happy doing his thing without the media scrutiny.
- Side By Side -
Jezza
Has liked: 223 times
Been liked: 311 times

Post by Jezza »

^ Yep. I've heard Leppa say in the past he wasn't interested in the rigours of senior coaching, but was open to working in other areas of a football club. This was prior to him joining us alongside McRae.

Skipworth might be looked at by other clubs, including Richmond. Rated very high internally by the club.

I've had a small peek at Richmond's forums, and it makes me smile seeing them rue the missed opportunity for Fly to be Hardwick's successor. They're actually envious that we have him coaching us now.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

I doubt Bolton would be on anyone’s radar for a senior gig again. I reckon Adam Simpson will be the next Richmond coach.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Is Chocco Williams a chance to coach Richmond I wonder? He is constantly applying for senior coaching positions. Also Yze might be a great fit.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Next Richmond coach? Reply from Fly
Https://youtube.com/shorts/zGyPUckdV-M?feature=share
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️