Farewell #33 Jack Ginnivan

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

^ All we want is the truth , what really happened. !
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Haff
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Haff »

I heard today that never has the same 22/23 that won the flag been at the club the following season.
Food for thought.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
gurugeoff
Been liked: 7 times

Post by gurugeoff »

it does not matter what the truth is now, he is gone, no different to everyone else that left. People change jobs all the time, no questions asked.
Being a Hawthorn supporter growing up would add appeal.

No other club leapt forward with any offers, so he is not regarded as an elite by anyone else either.
jonmac1954
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

Piesnchess wrote:^ All we want is the truth , what really happened. !
The truth well yeah / nah never going to happen Pies.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

jonmac1954 wrote:
The truth well yeah / nah never going to happen Pies.

Caro and Robbo are at it now mate, like friggin Beavers. :lol:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
joemamone@gmail.com

Post by joemamone@gmail.com »

This trade is absolutely ridiculous given our aging team.
Believer
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Seeya Duck Ginnivan
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Bruce Gonsalves
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Bruce Gonsalves »

Just like the failed dentist, you can't handle the tooth!!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

doriswilgus wrote:There’s obviously more to this than we’re being told.Like for example the King’s birthday game where Ginnivan was unexpectedly dropped.Fly came up with two different reasons for his dropping,first saying that Ginnivan was injured,then saying he was being ‘managed’.So clearly the kid does have behavioural issues that only the club knows the full extent of.
That's likely correct. What I don't get, though, is why - even if those "issues" were the reason for him leaviung - people don't have more sympathy. There are not that many living Collingwood premiership players (about 60) and I'm not sure how I feel about bagging a bloke who played in one two and a bit weeks ago and then got emptied out on his arse. It's possible to accept that the Club has likely made a sensible informed call (or series of calls) but still be upset by the fact of Ginni leaving.
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

But haven't you bagged Frampton?
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

Breaking news

Ginnivan has informed Hawthorn he wants to be traded after they acquired Jack Gunston and Mabior Chol.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

You really are the master of the irrelevant, aren't you?
Last edited by Pies4shaw on Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonmac1954
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

Pies4shaw wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:There’s obviously more to this than we’re being told.Like for example the King’s birthday game where Ginnivan was unexpectedly dropped.Fly came up with two different reasons for his dropping,first saying that Ginnivan was injured,then saying he was being ‘managed’.So clearly the kid does have behavioural issues that only the club knows the full extent of.
That's likely correct. What I don't get, though, is why - even if those "issues" were the reason for him leaviung - people don't have more sympathy. There are not that many living Collingwood premiership players (about 60) and I'm not sure how I feel about bagging a bloke who played in one two and a bit weeks ago and then got emptied out on his arse. It's possible to accept that the Club has likely made a sensible informed call (or series of calls) but still be upset by the fact of Ginni leaving.
I think most are upset Pies4 but equally acknowledge that he is pretty much a dick - remember Heath? Same deal - great player but a royal pain in the rrrs.
Colin G Wood
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Ginnivan and Noble

Post by Colin G Wood »

Pies4shaw wrote:
Colin G Wood wrote:
shawthing wrote:My only regret is that he has a premiership medal when Johnny Noble doesn't. That's luck for you.
Spot on - My sentiments EXACTLY

He was a September Passenger
And Noble was not good enough to get picked.

I'd back Noble to have had a greater impact with 67% game time than 7 disposals, no tackles and one poorly judged shot on goal. Noble deserves the premiership medal more than this bloke who took coke in a Torquay pub the day after a training camp then went to the races the night before the biggest game of his life.

I'll sleep well knowing that the club know what they are doing and Jaiden Stephenson probably has more chance of making our exit decisions look bad.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ Don't know why. The Club didn't.