Sooo, will YOU Booo Grundy ?

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Pies4shaw wrote:I am told reliably, by a Collingwood supporter in attendance, albeit as a guest in the MCC), that Grundy was booed vigorously every time he touched the ball in the first half, that it died down, mostly, before arcing up late.

The MCC Toffs booed Grundy, well now, there ya go. :o :lol:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

These Melbourne flogs have short memories me thinks, their members VOTED to merge with Hawthorn, remember that?
And when their Club was a basket case, how long were they taking the gate receipts on QB before we said no more, fk them, the QB or rather the KB as it is now known & all the shit that comes with it.

Fkn sick of all these teams hating on us, but yet wanna sponge off us when they’re the ones that request to play us as it lines their pockets.

COLLINGWOOD FIRST!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ As a matter of interest, how many times in your career have you voluntarily cut your own pay by 30%?

No, you shouldn’t get a pay cut, but you know, he wasn’t even playing, he was injured, so therefore he was getting paid to be on the side lines.
He should have had the decency to say I’ll take less given I am not on the field contributing.
But nah, he’s laying in a Hospital bed getting visits from Gawn negotiating with him instead of us.
Why you talking with other Clubs for you POS, especially on the coin you were on, fk off big ears!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

ANNODAM wrote:These Melbourne flogs have short memories me thinks, their members VOTED to merge with Hawthorn, remember that?
And when their Club was a basket case, how long were they taking the gate receipts on QB before we said no more, fk them, the QB or rather the KB as it is now known & all the shit that comes with it.

Fkn sick of all these teams hating on us, but yet wanna sponge off us when they’re the ones that request to play us as it lines their pockets.

COLLINGWOOD FIRST!

Actually, thats a very good point, and I was thinking the same the other day, pre match. The Snowbunny Toffs MCC cigar chomping members, actually DID VOTE TO MERGE WITH THE HAWKS, they voted to end their club, in an unholy merger, it was only the likes of Don Scott, who stopped that merger. And yes, for yrs they sponged off us on the big day for them, the QB match, for gate receipts, they were on the welfare drip from the League for a long long time too. I dont forget that either, so we are not going to cop shit from this pretender Toffs mob, those says are long gone now no more helping hand from us to any club, we get sweet **** in return, so up em, they can all get stuffed. End of rant. :P :!:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Dave The Man
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 21 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Did not boo him as he was Forced Out then wanting to leave.

Blame Eddie Regime by giving him a Really Stupid Contract
I am Da Man
K
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

Dave The Man wrote:...
Bad things seem to happen to folks Eddie loves. Kiss of death?
K

Post by K »

ANNODAM wrote:...
No, you shouldn’t get a pay cut, but you know, he wasn’t even playing, he was injured, so therefore he was getting paid to be on the side lines.
He should have had the decency to say I’ll take less given I am not on the field contributing.
But nah, he’s laying in a Hospital bed getting visits from Gawn negotiating with him instead of us.
Why you talking with other Clubs for you POS, especially on the coin you were on, fk off big ears!
There have been many, many players who've voluntarily taken pay cuts. It's not so unthinkable. And some of those players weren't even overpaid to start with.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Dave The Man wrote:Did not boo him as he was Forced Out then wanting to leave.

But still no blame for him demanding such a ridiculous contract then failing to perform at even half that level?
Jezza
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 325 times

Post by Jezza »

Piesnchess wrote:Actually, thats a very good point, and I was thinking the same the other day, pre match. The Snowbunny Toffs MCC cigar chomping members, actually DID VOTE TO MERGE WITH THE HAWKS, they voted to end their club, in an unholy merger, it was only the likes of Don Scott, who stopped that merger.
The official record says they voted to merge with Hawthorn, but I know for a fact a lot of voter suppression occurred at Dallas Brooks Hall on the night they voted. In other words, many members were denied the right to vote.

The administration running Melbourne at the time was keen for a merger, but consensus was the majority of members were against it but it didn't show up in the results due to the sneaky tactics being adopted by the pro-merger forces.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

^whatever, playing ducks and drakes, but fact is, their members have always been pretty bloody lukewarm fans, the movers an shakers the high rollers of business, politics, such as cunning rodent Kroger, I do recall back then the vote was carried, the late Ian Ridely was very confident of a merger, but the Hawks backed off fast, were not a suitable suitor.

think positive
Has liked: 325 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by think positive »

K wrote:
There have been many, many players who've voluntarily taken pay cuts. It's not so unthinkable. And some of those players weren't even overpaid to start with.
Exactly right, the amount he was on was sheer greed, so much for team spirit, the cats would laugh at him
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Years ago Collingwood lost Geoff Raines and a couple of others because we didn’t or couldn’t afford to pay the increase requested. Nothing new.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

think positive wrote:
K wrote:
Exactly right, the amount he was on was sheer greed, so much for team spirit, the cats would laugh at him

Bloody Oath, Hawkins and Duckwood both took pay cuts, I recall, to win a Flag , and they did. :idea:

K

Post by K »

think positive
Has liked: 325 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by think positive »

So how do we feel about the scum cats fans booing Rohan after he accidentally knocks out Cameron?!

Speaking of which , if he was a Melbourne player he would get weeks!

Stewert should get a week for pushing over an injured viney

I hope it’s a draw and they get a few reports!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!