Adams trade to Sydney ~ all comments

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ We're not going to "reinvigorate" our list with pick 31.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Why do people keep saying it was one year versus three years?How do they know what Collingwood was going to offer him at the end of next year?Do they really think that we were going to cut him off the list next year and not offer him anything?It seems highly unlikely to me.
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by stui magpie »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ We're not going to "reinvigorate" our list with pick 31.
we're not going to reinvigorate our list if he stays.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

I’m a bit meh about Adams wanting to play elsewhere. I will resort to my usual comments on such things that Collingwood should not have any players who don’t want to play with Collingwood. Much rather piss them off for those who are really committed to play for Collingwood.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
DT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Post by DT »

Macrae needs to play and this opens up a spot.

Allen and McInnes also need more opportunities.

Adams going fills a need for Sydney and gives a spot to a younger player. We do need to make a few changes if we want to stay at the pointy end
Daicos, impossible angle ... Goal!
gurugeoff
Been liked: 7 times

Post by gurugeoff »

swoop42 wrote:Not gaining the captaincy probably hurt him more than was acknowledged.

Losing his midfield spot to Mitchell would have been a hit to the ego.

Missing out on another final series and a Premiershp due to injury was seemingly the knockout blow for his time at Collingwood.

He remains contracted however, is our vice captain, Sydney have pursued him and they now need to provide us with appropriate compensation.

Pick 23 would get it done on our end and I suggest we get a move on demanding it as Melbourne will be after that pick for Grundy.
Nobody else wants Grundy, and melb do not want to get stuck with him. They may have to give the swans a pick, rather than the other way around
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

I found the CFC post intriguing. Facts first in terms of being contracted but they go on to say he’s a required player. Is this just the next part of the negotiation. From the CFC site:

“Collingwood can confirm Taylor Adams has requested a trade to the Sydney Swans in the upcoming Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period.

Taylor is contracted until the end of 2024 and is a required player and leader.

The Club will discuss the request with Sydney.”
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark of the last quarter
David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by David »

^ I suspect as much. "Required player" is just code for "we're expecting to be offered some compensation here".
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

stui magpie wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:^ We're not going to "reinvigorate" our list with pick 31.
we're not going to reinvigorate our list if he stays.
I've no interest in him staying - but it's a strange thing to suggest that him being traded to Sydney for a pick that will most likely not yield a senior AFL footballer will "reinvigorate" our list.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Taylor has to be careful that he is not Brett Deledio Part Two. Left the Tigers in 2016 and thus missed three premierships! Think the Pies are closer than the Swans to another Flag.

Vice Captain, under contract and heart and soul player. Pick 23 or pick 19 (Dylan Stephens compo) shall do nicely. Accept nothing less Wrighty!
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
gurugeoff
Been liked: 7 times

Post by gurugeoff »

If fit, would he have been selected for the GF? No certainty in that being the case
woodys_world69
Been liked: 31 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

richmond finished 13th and the club where in crisis in 2016.

adams could stay another year and possibly win another cup and then go to another etc.

reading the tea leaves i suspect the coaches told adams he will more then likely get less game time next year in his exit interview to allow the younger players to grow.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Piesnchess »

David wrote:^ I suspect as much. "Required player" is just code for "we're expecting to be offered some compensation here".

OK, Heeney or Papley, deal done, stuff em. :P :P
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Newelly
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Newelly »

stui magpie wrote:
Jezza wrote:
stui magpie wrote:We;ll get a pick around the late 30's for him and create salary cap space and an opportunity for young blood.
Is Adams + Pick 36 for Picks 31 + 44 a fair deal?
I'd say no, but I'm not a list manager.

I'd do Adams for pick 31 and keep 36.
Agree. Keep 36
Chuffed to have seen 3 flag wins in my lifetime but still greedy for more.
Clifton Hill-Billy
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Clifton Hill-Billy »

Demand pick 23, they owe us extra for Jesse White
"Hey Ma get off the dang roof!"