The not drafting or trading for James Stewart

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by Presti35 »

Well we could always trade for him! 8)

How's pick 27 sound? :D
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Nobody here is mentioning Josh Kelly, but I would have picked up both Josh and Stewart under F/S rule instead of White/Armstrong/Lynch/Russell/Young. However, Stewart's body looked underdeveloped to me and not ready for AFL footy for another 2-3 years, so it surprised me to see him debut for GWS this year. Also, I thought GWS paid overs for Stewart in bidding a second round draft pick. All of us are now proven wrong now, so good luck to GWS for identifying his talent and getting him to his debut. That should be it as far as I'm concerned. Hope Stewart has a long and fruitful career at GWS.
Rick
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Rick »

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:Nobody here is mentioning Josh Kelly, but I would have picked up both Josh and Stewart under F/S rule instead of White/Armstrong/Lynch/Russell/Young. However, Stewart's body looked underdeveloped to me and not ready for AFL footy for another 2-3 years, so it surprised me to see him debut for GWS this year. Also, I thought GWS paid overs for Stewart in bidding a second round draft pick. All of us are now proven wrong now, so good luck to GWS for identifying his talent and getting him to his debut. That should be it as far as I'm concerned. Hope Stewart has a long and fruitful career at GWS.
Do you mean Jake Kelly, son of Craig at Adelaide?
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Rick wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:Nobody here is mentioning Josh Kelly, but I would have picked up both Josh and Stewart under F/S rule instead of White/Armstrong/Lynch/Russell/Young. However, Stewart's body looked underdeveloped to me and not ready for AFL footy for another 2-3 years, so it surprised me to see him debut for GWS this year. Also, I thought GWS paid overs for Stewart in bidding a second round draft pick. All of us are now proven wrong now, so good luck to GWS for identifying his talent and getting him to his debut. That should be it as far as I'm concerned. Hope Stewart has a long and fruitful career at GWS.
Do you mean Jake Kelly, son of Craig at Adelaide?
Sorry, I had Josh on my mind in discussing GWS. Jake I think went to Adelaide and hasn't debuted yet. Liked what I saw of him in the VFL last year. Think he has a good career ahead of him.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Not that it matters greatly but I believe Stewart debuted in 2013.
Rick
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Rick »

I raised the potential of acquiring Jake via a trade in the DTM forum last week. I think he has the attributes to bolster our backline and midfield.
Visdom

James Stewart

Post by Visdom »

I know there was a reason why we could not take up the father son option with James Stewart, something to do with not having an available draft selection. Can someone please remind me.
Relentless aggression!
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Fact is Hine didn't rate him as a ND selection, pretty sure we would have rookied him if he fell that far, shit happens.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Need to remember as well, if we'd nominated him as a FS chances are excellent Sheedy would have bidded with his second round pick, In turn forcing us to use our original second rounder and im pretty sure we traded that for a pick upgrade, so Stewart probably would have cost us a lot more than Ramsay, possibly one of BK-Grundy or Broom.

Oops, I take that back, 38 was our second pick, so he would've cost us Ramsay.
Defender...........

You like this.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

What about his 5 kick, 1 goal game against the Bombers' 3rds prompted this thread?
Flashman

Post by Flashman »

Pies4shaw wrote:What about his 5 kick, 1 goal game against the Bombers' 3rds prompted this thread?
:lol: Exactly but it probably won't stop John Ralph writing another article about how the Pies recruiters ballsed another one up and how the lack of Stewart is causing Pies supporters ulcers, haemorrhoids and various other anxiety related afflictions.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Pies4shaw wrote:What about his 5 kick, 1 goal game against the Bombers' 3rds prompted this thread?
I don't think there's any doubt we'd take him if we had our time over again, he's shown enough for a young tall to suggest he'll be a handy player when he matures.
Defender...........

You like this.
OEP

Post by OEP »

The lack of Cam McCarthy is giving me ulcers
A Collingwood supporter since the egg was inseminated.
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by stui magpie »

Once Mark Bayliss matures a bit, all will be good.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Dave The Man
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Dave The Man »

We did not take Stewart because Hine did not know what Picks we would get for Dawes and Wellingham
I am Da Man