Post Match. Pies down to Lions. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

piedys
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by piedys »

Magpietothemax wrote:
piedys wrote:
alexjvillani wrote:We could of had Jesus Christ in the 50 and we still couldn’t do anything
He could nominate for the national draft, and Hine would probably trade that pick away, or draft Judas Priest, who spends two seasons on the injury list...
Don't you mean Piedsy that he would have drafted Judas Iscariot who plays 5 games, is dropped, and then seeks a trade to Carlton where he becomes a megastar??
Well... yes, maybe, not at Caaaalrton, anyhoo. But you get the gist of it!
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
piedys

Re: How many frees to Grundy???

Post by piedys »

PyreneesPie wrote:
piedys wrote: I would have been ejected from the stadium. That's basically why I can't attend games anymore.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, I could see that happening Piedys!!!

The decision against young Daics on the boundary line in the last minutes of the game was an obvious error and a crucial one, given that we were pushing so hard there at the time.
Yep, those two inept cheating maggots running the game - any excuse to stop our late momentum.

Look at all our frees tonight - we were either nearly decapitated, or driven so far in the back into the turf, that we needed excavating to unearth our player.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

piedys wrote:
Yep, those two inept cheating maggots running the game - any excuse to stop our late momentum.

Look at all our frees tonight - we were either nearly decapitated, or driven so far in the back into the turf, that we needed excavating to unearth our player.
:lol: :lol:
Love your choice of words. Cheers me up when I need it.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

After the game I watched melbourne storm beat the rabbits with a come from behind win.
They had a crap load of injured players like us.
But the difference?
One is probably the best run club ever.... and it is not collingwood.
Melbourne Storm ....absolute champions in never say die.
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

masoncox wrote:After the game I watched melbourne storm beat the rabbits with a come from behind win.
But the difference?
Did the Rabbits have an extra week of recovery time from their previous match compared to the storm? ( I don't know, 'cos I don't follow rugby)
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

No but they did have Wayne Bennett, who has coached his teams to 27 losses in 37 against Bellamy.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

masoncox wrote:absolute champions in never say die.
I don't think that trait has left us - it just seems like it has this season, because all our determined efforts don't translate into goals.

I actually wonder whether with teams like ours (with few A graders, but a lot of B graders who play their hearts out), whether the lack of contact training is having an exaggerated effect. Unlike, say GWS, we don't have a lot of sublimely skilled players (especially with JDG, Sidey and Howie out) and probably need to practice our skills under physical pressure far more than some other teams. However, that avenue is not available at the moment. Maybe that's why we seem to panic under pressure too?
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

piedys wrote:Yep, those two inept cheating maggots running the game - any excuse to stop our late momentum.
And don't forget the howler early in the 3rd when Starcevich tried to run through half our forwardline, got caught, and it's umpires' %##ing ball!!! That was the worst decision of the night. Disgraceful!! There were other frees Rosebury didn't pay us in the 3rd because he didn't want to upset the crowd - weak and incompetent umpiring.
I find your lack of faith disturbing
masoncox

Post by masoncox »

Magpietothemax wrote:
masoncox wrote:After the game I watched melbourne storm beat the rabbits with a come from behind win.
But the difference?
Did the Rabbits have an extra week of recovery time from their previous match compared to the storm? ( I don't know, 'cos I don't follow rugby)[/quote
I love melbourne storm.
Greatest run sporting club in Australia by far.
Been in the finals including this year I think 17 out of 18 years.
probably haven't won as many GF as was possible, but they are universially respected in giving their all.
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

DT wrote:Players were tired. Lions were fresh. A lot of analysis here is off the mark in this season. The AFL has killed us with its fixturing.
Yes...so true. The report in the HS a couple of days ago said it all - we've had 14 days less rest than our opponents; Richmond on the other hand has had +7 days on their opponents. We copped it worst by a long way. The fixturing maggots are the real cheats here - how they can disadvantage just one team so much is beyond me - are they just incompetent and didn't look at the balance of days break per opponent, or did they just see it as a great chance to truly roger us and hope no-one would notice? I suspect both.
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

tbaker wrote: I suspect both.
^ Good call.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

^ Agree!!!
What really mystifies me is the lack of protest from Eddie. Is it that he does not want to be seen as whinger (although that has not stopped him in the past) or that he wants to put himself in the good books with the AFL? If the latter, why?
piedys

Post by piedys »

tbaker wrote:
piedys wrote:Yep, those two inept cheating maggots running the game - any excuse to stop our late momentum.
And don't forget the howler early in the 3rd when Starcevich tried to run through half our forwardline, got caught, and it's umpires' %##ing ball!!! That was the worst decision of the night. Disgraceful!!
There were other frees Rosebury didn't pay us in the 3rd because he didn't want to upset the crowd - weak and incompetent umpiring.
Totally; vile turd isn't he?
And Greenwood got pinged for the same thing; took maybe a step or two?

As I've said in another post; I just cannot attend games to tolerate this bullshit.
It is now a family environment, not the free-for-all it was back in the day at the Yarra Falls end at Vic Park, where one could, errr... speak their mind [the truth!]
I refuse to be censored in public; my brain and mouth have no filter, so I simply cannot inflict that on people who wish to bring their children to AwFuL games. I'll just stay at home and bake the TV instead.
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

The_Staunton wrote:Could have Jake Riccardi, we take Noble
Ummm...different drafts, and Noble has been a great pick-up. A real goer who has probably been our most consistent performer over the last 5 games.
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

piedys wrote:
tbaker wrote:
And don't forget the howler early in the 3rd when Starcevich tried to run through half our forwardline, got caught, and it's umpires' %##ing ball!!! That was the worst decision of the night. Disgraceful!!
There were other frees Rosebury didn't pay us in the 3rd because he didn't want to upset the crowd - weak and incompetent umpiring.
Totally; vile turd isn't he?
And Greenwood got pinged for the same thing; took maybe a step or two?

As I've said in another post; I just cannot attend games to tolerate this bullshit.
It is now a family environment, not the free-for-all it was back in the day at the Yarra Falls end at Vic Park, where one could, errr... speak their mind [the truth!]
I refuse to be censored in public; my brain and mouth have no filter, so I simply cannot inflict that on people who wish to bring their children to AwFuL games. I'll just stay at home and bake the TV instead.
Same. I have no idea how I’m going to be able to take my kids when they’re old enough. At this rate, the game will stink so much that we all won’t be interested in going.
Est. 2002