#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 145 times

Post by stui magpie »

He's a very smart bloke and clearly a talented athlete. He's picked up the skills of our game very quickly but the thing that impresses me the most is his game sense. Knowing how best to react in the moment while under pressure whether it be a tackle, a block, a tap on or quick handball, his reaction time and decision making is at a level most people who've played footy since childhood never achieve.

He's continually learning and improving and Bucks has referred to him as his own harshest critic.

He's not going to kick 5 each week but we've basically built our forward line around him and so far so good. He's only played 31 games at AFL level and only now has got continuity of playing each week. As he gets up around the 50 game mark and really starts to believe he belongs, watch out.

Good short article btw. https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/it-is- ... 6e42b6d48f

Just an extra point, compare Cox career averages to a No 1 draft pick key forward who's played 20 more games and is on a $1mil a year contract.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_ ... 1=C&fid2=C
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Pacino wrote:We should be chanting "Born in the USA"
Or you could read the lyrics to find out what the song is all about and rethink that!.

It's not a patriotic song!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

What'sinaname wrote:
Pacino wrote:We should be chanting "Born in the USA"
Or you could read the lyrics to find out what the song is all about and rethink that!.

It's not a patriotic song!
It's the US version of Cold Chisel's Khe Sahn. Lyrics often misunderstood.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
BazBoy
Been liked: 42 times

Post by BazBoy »

Imagine Mason would have heard the Dee,s team song the words of original
being

Your a grand old flag ,your a high flying flag
Your the flag of the Red White and Blue

Reference to the USA flag
Last edited by BazBoy on Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

When I watched the replay at home and saw / heard the post match interview I had to put the subtitles on. That mixture of Texan drawl mixed with a bit of Australian inflection makes him unintelligiible at times.

He's doing really well so far. Well done Mason Cox.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

watt price tully wrote:When I watched the replay at home and saw / heard the post match interview I had to put the subtitles on. That mixture of Texan drawl mixed with a bit of Australian inflection makes him unintelligiible at times.

He's doing really well so far. Well done Mason Cox.
He normally speaks slower and more intelligibly than that. Being interviewed immediately post game when he's still sucking in air and buzzing with adrenaline, yeah, I nearly needed subtitles too.
BazBoy
Been liked: 42 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
K
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

He's always looked like he'd be dangerous when we won more centre clearances and were able to kick the ball quickly to his advantage.

The long slow ball is always going to be tough. His height and lack of strength mean he's not hard to body out of the contest. Still usually brings it to ground at least, which is more than handy.
Well done boys!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

^

It's not actually strength, it's balance and positioning
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
K
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

^^ It's K, not E (aargh....).

Nicksters previously informed me that you can click on the little rectangle next to the "Posted: <date>" at the top of the post you wish to specify.

Another thing I'd like to know but don't is how one can re-size pictures one includes in posts with the "" command, so they're not too large. Including them as attachments has its own problems, such as rather small file-size limits. (How do you make the size of a .jpg or .png file smaller? Some of them I'd be happy to turn from colour to B&W if I could and if it would reduce the file size.)
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Nice article by Mason Cox on Players Voice about his journey so far.

https://www.playersvoice.com.au/mason-c ... uiwWsic.97