Farewell #33 Jack Ginnivan

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 162 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ The AFL reported (in the trade thread) that the Club has specifically stated that it is NOT McStay:
Collingwood has moved to shut down rumours circulating on social media involving players Dan McStay ....

The club says the man in an explicit video online, which is alleged to be McStay, is not him.
Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ Absolutely. Without Frampton dropping uncontested marks directly in front of goal and thereby making it extremely difficult for Brisbane to take our forwards seriously, we could never have won that Grand Final. :roll:

As for Billy's repeated holds on Andrews on the outer wing - they were masterstrokes: the best way to unsettle an intercepting defence is to gift them the ball unopposed. He did that manfully.
While no one can say he played a good game without being tested for competency, he did hold the intercept King of the league to only 2 interceptions to 3/4 time, Andrews got off the leash in the last quarter but I think you'd take a 25% game from him if you got offered that pre game. If only Billy had held those marks I could have made a better case for him but hey he's got his medal and we've got our flag.
Flagpies
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 162 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ You obviously didn't read my next post.
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Last edited by Take_a_Screamer on Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Haff
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Haff »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ The AFL reported (in the trade thread) that the Club has specifically stated that it is NOT McStay:
Collingwood has moved to shut down rumours circulating on social media involving players Dan McStay ....

The club says the man in an explicit video online, which is alleged to be McStay, is not him.
Thanks. I saw the video and didn’t think it was. Play on.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 238 times
Been liked: 83 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ You obviously didn't read my next post.
timing is everything. have you seen the video? what does it suggest?

also Mitch Cleary now reporting Ginnivan met with the Hawks this morning before going to the AIA centre to train and fake post. What a nasty piece of work this has turned into.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark of the last quarter
Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ The AFL reported (in the trade thread) that the Club has specifically stated that it is NOT McStay:

Jeez I hope it's not his GF in the video then, everyone seems pretty sure it is, miss the GF then find out your partner is cheating, that's not a great weekend.
Flagpies
Haff

Post by Haff »

Thanks. I saw the video and didn’t think it was. Play on.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ You obviously didn't read my next post.
I obviously did, but I don't know why that would negate my post.
Flagpies
Cam
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Cam »

If Ginnivan goes: the guy became a distraction through his crowd interaction and continual ducking/sliding motion aimed at drawing frees. Race day stuff was simply disrespectful.

If Ginnivan stays: has class, kicking accuracy and nous. If he knuckles down can play quite a few different positions.
Get back on top.
Haff

Post by Haff »

Kingsofclutch wrote:

Jeez I hope it's not his GF in the video then, everyone seems pretty sure it is, miss the GF then find out your partner is cheating, that's not a great weekend.
I tried to do some googling. Hard to say.
burnsy17
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by burnsy17 »

I called it last week in the trade thread.

He was NEVER going to survive this trade period.

Fly is all funny and nice until he’s not.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

Haff wrote: I tried to do some googling. Hard to say.
Good, plausible deniability.
Flagpies
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Bloody thug Hawks nearly crippled Nick Daicos , missed weeks for us, cos of them, do we all forget that do we, a team of shits and thugs. Stuff em, we can never beat em at best of times, like this season, we lost, yet again, imagine them with Jack booting goals for the piss an poop, against us, in a Final ??? Tell em no, and pick 33 is a **** , get real. Tell em no dice. !!
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by think better »

Cam wrote:If Ginnivan goes: the guy became a distraction through his crowd interaction and continual ducking/sliding motion aimed at drawing frees. Race day stuff was simply disrespectful.

If Ginnivan stays: has class, kicking accuracy and nous. If he knuckles down can play quite a few different positions.
The best each way bet I've seen for a while
I think therefore I think - I think