Maynard incident > Maynard rule > Brayshaw retirement

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

What do you think Maynard will get when it’s all over?

Two or more weeks and season done
16%
One week – misses the PF but back for the grand final
10%
Nothing – he’ll get off, either by not being cited or on appeal
74%

Total votes: 96

robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

Definitely not commenting on whether this impacted the Maynard incident, but Brayshaw’s head collided with Adams 4.30 prior to the BM event. It will be interesting to see if this is a relevant discussion point raised by lawyers in the tribunal case this week.- Tom Browne

https://twitter.com/i/status/1700082329488851104

Maybe already concussed prior to the BM event?
Piesnchess
Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

What'sinaname wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:All Bruz had to do was put his arms out in front of him to protect himself. As soon as he turned, he was fkd

Ever tried to turn your body at full pace, flying thru the air, full pelt , in a split second, to smother the ball, nah, thought not. :o :roll:
Exactly. Bruz chose to turn his body. He chose the more difficult action.

Jeezus thank Christ you would never be on my Jury, shit, I meant he was flying thru the air, contact was unavoidable, he could not turn his body to avoid collision , smart arse. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Piesnchess wrote:
Ever tried to turn your body at full pace, flying thru the air, full pelt , in a split second, to smother the ball, nah, thought not. :o :roll:
I am sure if Pickett did this to Naicos, you'd all be arguing that it was a football action. Right? Thought not!
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

^
Yet if that happened, Pickett wouldn’t be missing a grand final
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

[quote="eddiesmith"]Yet if that happened, Pickett wouldn’t be missing a grand final
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

and to make matters worse, the Blues will smash the Swans
Haff
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Haff »

What'sinaname wrote:and to make matters worse, the Blues will smash the Swans
Swans are just making up the numbers so yep. Will be bruise free.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Haff
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Haff »

Taken a breath. I don’t think what’s her face has is a problem, it’s just part of their process and bad reporting. Not taking any of this Gill stepped in bs into account.

Exactly as anyone who knows the grading process thought. Pies would know this was what was happening and would have already been working on a rock solid defence.

If he doesn’t get off, might as well put bibs on and play netball.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

robevpau1 wrote:Definitely not commenting on whether this impacted the Maynard incident, but Brayshaw’s head collided with Adams 4.30 prior to the BM event. It will be interesting to see if this is a relevant discussion point raised by lawyers in the tribunal case this week.- Tom Browne

https://twitter.com/i/status/1700082329488851104

Maybe already concussed prior to the BM event?
Well that’s interesting! Be funny if Bruz gets off and Melbourne get fined for not following concussion protocols. UPDATE: tweet deleted!!!
Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Curnow will get half a dozen free kicks 30m out directly in front
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

If Maynard isn't cleared to play I'd back the club taking it to court because it's clear he's being held to a different set of rules to that of Cripps, Duncan and McCartin.

Two of those cases occurred this season, while Cripps was cleared and free to win the Brownlow just 12 months back.

Those aren't rulings from a different era.

Personally I don't think the AFL has a leg to stand on if credibility and fairness still matters.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

swoop42 wrote:If Maynard isn't cleared to play I'd back the club taking it to court because it's clear he's being held to a different set of rules to that of Cripps, Duncan and McCartin.

Two of those cases occurred this season, while Cripps was cleared and free to win the Brownlow just 12 months back.

Those aren't rulings from a different era.

Personally I don't think the AFL has a leg to stand on if credibility and fairness still matters.
Cripps was suspended for 2 weeks. His legal team got him off on a technicality which has subsequently been closed by the AFL. So using Cripps as an example doesn't work.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Tom Browne just deleted his Twitter post saying Brayshaw knocked heads with Adams a few minutes before the Maynard incident
duggieboy
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 3 times

Post by duggieboy »

[quote="Mr Miyagi"]Tom Browne just deleted his Twitter post saying Brayshaw knocked heads with Adams a few minutes before the Maynard incident