Farewell #33 Jack Ginnivan

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

LaurieHolden
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 185 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Guaranteed to be a contestant on SAS Australia within 2 years.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

What a bloody disastrous day
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
jonmac1954
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Club taken by surprise apparently. Working out at Olympic Park when his manager told the club. Jesus. Don’t let the door hit your arse on the way out, Jack.
VERY annoying behavior but totally in fitting with his style sadly.

All that footy smarts but not prepared to fight for his spot and of course picked a sneaky way to spring it on the club.
Pies2016
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 166 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Crazypie wrote:future second from hawks seems about right.

we give up our future 1st (pick 15-19) for schultz

gain hawks future second (pick 20-22)

doesn't look so bad.
Tend to agree. I was a bit concerned about our 2024 draft hand and if Jack does move on, I would be hopeful the trade is ( ultimately ) turned into something we can use in 2024. We’re either going to need to add some “ quality “ youth or have the trade currency to bring in a plug and play player in 2024, so the Hawks future second rounder does have some appeal ( even if it’s not the instant gratification that most crave )
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Boot wrote:I'm annoyed about this last minute request from Ginnivan to go to Hawthorn, who would see him as a ready made replacement for their aging Luke Breust.
1. It's annoying that Ginnivan isn't strong enough to try and battle it out for a spot in the Collingwood team.
2. It's annoying that Ginnivan has the potential to be a long term replacement of the aging Jamie Elliot.
3. It's annoying that Hawthorn think they can get a 3rd year player, who is a proven goal kicker, premiership team member for anything less than a first round pick.
4. Pay up Whorethorn, or get @#$%.

But this is what HAW do, they’re a successful Club that get things done, their history shows that.

The issue I have is, Ginni is only 20yo, there’s still time for him to put the hard yards in & reap the rewards.
I just hope (if he does go) we’re not gonna regret it.
But I also don’t want players staying if they prefer to be elsewhere either.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
LaurieHolden

Post by LaurieHolden »

Guaranteed to be a contestant on SAS Australia within 2 years.
2023 AFL Premiers
stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by stui magpie »

inxs88 wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:^ we're hardly holding the strong hand this late in the game.
We are. Contracted player and simply say "pay up or see you in October 2024".
Agree. Keep him unless the Hawks offer a good early pick, back the team to get the best out of him or he plays VFL. Required player. Hardball time.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Give us pick #4 Hawkers, come on, you know you wanna!

WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
LaurieHolden

Post by LaurieHolden »

Then be prepared to be outraged when we get a second round pick for him. His exit Visa is stamped, the Club has shown him the door.
2023 AFL Premiers
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

jonmac1954 wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:Club taken by surprise apparently. Working out at Olympic Park when his manager told the club. Jesus. Don’t let the door hit your arse on the way out, Jack.
VERY annoying behavior but totally in fitting with his style sadly.

All that footy smarts but not prepared to fight for his spot and of course picked a sneaky way to spring it on the club.
Ginnivan strikes me as someone who puts himself above the team and the club most of the time. So that move is right in character. I think we will do well to get a second rounder for him. He's not worth a first round pick and the other clubs know that, since there has been little indication that he's able to regain his 2022 form now that he can't con the umpires for cheap frees.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by shawthing »

LaurieHolden wrote:Then be prepared to be outraged when we get a second round pick for him. His exit Visa is stamped, the Club has shown him the door.
That's the mail isn't it coach. I'd be looking for a player swap. He's already contracted to us for next year and a future pick is speculative. Surely Hawthorn has an extra player somewhere they might be interested in swapping - perhaps a defender to cover for the loss of Murphy (if he is forced to retire). But I agree we now have plenty of small forwards.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Dear Wrighty,

"Don't be bullied into a rash, dumb and unders trade by the Hawks. Pay up or we shall see you same time next year"!
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
LaurieHolden

Post by LaurieHolden »

inxs88 wrote:Dear Wrighty,

"Don't be bullied into a rash, dumb and unders trade by the Hawks. Pay up or we shall see you same time next year"!
So another season playing VFL is going to enhance his trade currency? C'mon man. There is no way on this blue earth a list manager or player manager would be not willing to get this deal done.
Moving him on will not impact our side, the quicker it gets done the better for all concerned.
Last edited by LaurieHolden on Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2023 AFL Premiers
Said by Zed
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Said by Zed »

Stevo mark II.

Will not live up to his potential because of silly decisions and immaturity… sad. The fact he’s only 20 is no excuse…form is fleeting, and money comes and goes but character and integrity is enduring… some just don’t have it or know what they’ve got until they lose everything. Best of luck supastar Jack… hope you straighten yourself out soon before its too late.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by shawthing »

[quote="Said by Zed"]If rumours are true and he wants out then…Hit the road Jack, and don’t you come back no more, no more, no more, no more.

Prime example of a waste of talent…got some fame and attention and then drank his own bath water…saw it coming even before the drugs, poor attitude, round the corner kicks from 45, and drop in form. Good riddance.

Trade for Sicily will do