Farewell #33 Jack Ginnivan

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

MagpiesTheGreat

Post by MagpiesTheGreat »

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1054801/haw ... rade-shock

JACK Ginnivan has requested a trade away from Collingwood, with Hawthorn emerging as the leading contender to land the small forward in the final hours of the trade period.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Don't get cute Hawthorn!! Pay up just like we have to for EVERYONE!
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 38 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Hawthorn received Picks 44 and 63 for Tyler Brockman

Ginni 2023 - 14 Games for 12 Goals

Tyler 2023 - 15 Games for 13 Goals

Both aged 20.

Ginni kicked 40 in 2022. Fantastic, a keeper. But what's happened ?

I am not saying to trade Ginni, but I recall Fly not being overly impressed by Ginni pre grand final outing to the races.

And when Ginni was asked about it ..'it was fun, got home early, didn't see a problem with it really.'

Nothing ... Maybe that was a glimpse of the tip of an Iceberg.
MagpiesTheGreat

Post by MagpiesTheGreat »

Charlie Oneeye wrote:Hawthorn received Picks 44 and 63 for Tyler Brockman

Both aged 20.

I am not saying to trade Ginni, but I recall Fly not being overly impressed by Ginni pre grand final outing to the races.

And when Ginni was asked about it ..'it was fun, got home early, didn't see a problem with it really.'

And he turned up in the jockey's uniform on the mad Monday
Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

think positive wrote:pretty gutless then

makes me even more sad for John noble.

Ginnie was $$%^%%$ lucky to get a spot in the GF
Noble was the perfect sub with his speed and Ginny had done nothing in the lead up and then did nothing in the GF. :x
Flagpies
jonmac1954
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

MagpiesTheGreat wrote:
Charlie Oneeye wrote:Hawthorn received Picks 44 and 63 for Tyler Brockman

Both aged 20.

And he turned up in the jockey's uniform on the mad Monday
Not the most politic thing to do after the head coach has had a public whack at you during a media conference.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 185 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

If the video of 'insert Collingwood player name' in the cubicle with the young lady was indeed taken then circulated by 'insert Collingwood player name' then they've thrown a teammate under the bus.
While it might not be immediately determinable which player it is (it's already been speculated who) his girlfriend would soon be able identify him.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
jonmac1954
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

LaurieHolden wrote:If the video of 'insert Collingwood player name' in the cubicle with the young lady was indeed taken then circulated by 'insert Collingwood player name' then they've thrown a teammate under the bus.
While it might not be immediately determinable which player it is (it's already been speculated who) his girlfriend would soon be able identify him.
The whole affair is saddening, Ginni is a natural footballer with genuinely high footy IQ but at the same time has an abrasive and cavalier attitude.
stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by stui magpie »

inxs88 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote: how much is he on?

money i mean!
He's on the rookie list with a low base so he earns most of his money in match payments. With competetion for spots, every VFL game he plays costs him something like $5k compared to playing AFL.

If the Hawks went to his manager and offered 3 years on the primary list on guaranteed money, he'd be an idiot not to look at it.

Bit of Sandra Sully with the late news here. He was upgraded to primary list 12 months ago and not on a rookie listed contract.
Well he's still on a low base and earns most of his money from match payments. Fly said so earlier in the year when he missed some games.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Said by Zed
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Said by Zed »

If rumours are true and he wants out then…Hit the road Jack, and don’t you come back no more, no more, no more, no more.

Prime example of a waste of talent…got some fame and attention and then drank his own bath water…saw it coming even before the drugs, poor attitude, round the corner kicks from 45, and drop in form. Good riddance.

Trade for Sicily will do
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 180 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Da fug is going on?!
Boot
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Boot »

I'm annoyed about this last minute request from Ginnivan to go to Hawthorn, who would see him as a ready made replacement for their aging Luke Breust.
1. It's annoying that Ginnivan isn't strong enough to try and battle it out for a spot in the Collingwood team.
2. It's annoying that Ginnivan has the potential to be a long term replacement of the aging Jamie Elliot.
3. It's annoying that Hawthorn think they can get a 3rd year player, who is a proven goal kicker, premiership team member for anything less than a first round pick.
4. Pay up Whorethorn, or get @#$%.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 180 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

If hawthorn doesn’t pay up, Ginni can play vfl next year.
Said by Zed
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Said by Zed »

Boot wrote:I'm annoyed about this last minute request from Ginnivan to go to Hawthorn, who would see him as a ready made replacement for their aging Luke Breust.
1. It's annoying that Ginnivan isn't strong enough to try and battle it out for a spot in the Collingwood team.
2. It's annoying that Ginnivan has the potential to be a long term replacement of the aging Jamie Elliot.
3. It's annoying that Hawthorn think they can get a 3rd year player, who is a proven goal kicker, premiership team member for anything less than a first round pick.
4. Pay up Whorethorn, or get @#$%.
Hear! Hear! Couldn’t have said it better myself
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...
Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

It's just hazy enough to deny so deny deny deny til we get something for him.
Flagpies