#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Cam
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Cam »

The first one was a bit of a jeer, but the rest seemed more cheers than jeers from Q34.
Get back on top.
BHPIE

Post by BHPIE »

The more he plays the better he'll get ,
Presti35
Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 189 times

Post by Presti35 »

Loved the cheers when he took a grab.

Thought he looked much better last night.

Still, I feel he was a little unlucky. The free he gave away when he out muscled his opponent was questionable. He also took another good grab when a free was given to Reid. So there's a few extra stats there that were taken away.

Anyway, I feel that last night, Mason has gained his confidence back and can do what is expected of him.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Also, this might be a little meticulous, but Cox isn't a "yank".
Wearmouth

Post by Wearmouth »

Go Pies 2011!!!!

Floreat Pica!!!!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Presti35 wrote:Loved the cheers when he took a grab.

Thought he looked much better last night.

Still, I feel he was a little unlucky. The free he gave away when he out muscled his opponent was questionable. He also took another good grab when a free was given to Reid. So there's a few extra stats there that were taken away.

Anyway, I feel that last night, Mason has gained his confidence back and can do what is expected of him.
There were also a couple of times where he took juggled marks that would have been paid to a player the umpires were expecting to mark but were probably treated as "spills" by him because the umpires weren't expecting him to hold the grab. So, if and as he clunks more, he'll get paid more of the unlucky ones, too, I think.
WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

Was a better performance than what we saw in round one but he really does need to start influencing the game more by taking marks and threatening the scoreboard. No point just being a 'decoy' because we need 22 contributors. His positioning seems a bit off but I'm sure it'll come with more games and confidence.
thebaldfacts

Post by thebaldfacts »

Much better second half with some imposing contested marks.

Reid's last Mark and goal was due to the defenders all being concerned about Cox, so they all tried to spoil him and the ball ended up in Reid's hands.
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

Interesting question
If only one out of Reid or Cox could play forward who would you choose?
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

masoncox wrote:Interesting question
If only one out of Reid or Cox could play forward who would you choose?
Reid because he is the better player.

But are you saying the other will play elsewhere?
stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 144 times

Post by stui magpie »

I really liked how he worked his way into the game.

In the end, 6 marks (3 of them contested, a game high and he was robbed of two others), 9 disposals at 100% efficiency. Keep playing him.

At some stages, when Bucks sent a midfielder to FF, both Cox and Reid decamped to opposite pockets, so if the ball came in wide or long and high, they were in position to compete, but it opened up the forward line and allowed the munchkin FF to lead straight up the middle. Beautiful play.

His value is more than just what shows on the stats sheet.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Mossi
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Mossi »

:D Haven,t seen the game as yet but I managed to follow some of the radio commentating over the net "SEN" Gerrad Whateley describing Coxy giving away a 50 when pissed off with the umps call. I could imagine Coxy's face! He is a nice bloke but plays tough as well. Against the Haws although he may have dropped a lot of marks he was really throwing his huge frame around and did some nice things. Anyway He will definitely improve as he plays more footy and gets more confidence a good game yesterday is a great step in that direction.
Johnno75
Been liked: 47 times

Post by Johnno75 »

He was good last night but we need him to play more like last night rather than the Hawthorn game. Especially when Elliot and Faz are back in the forward line.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

Last edited by Mugwump on Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Two more flags before I die!
HAL

Post by HAL »

Is it very comfortable? I am sure he could.