#46 Mason Cox

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by think better »

stui magpie wrote:Nah, persist with Cox.

he's going to have some bad days and, when he does, it sticks out like elephant balls on a cat. But he's not a spud and provides a legitimate option.
I'm with you - what was encouraging is that he got into position to take a lot of marks but just didn't take them.

He needs to stop falling over when he goes for a grab (I reckon Reid did that a lot on the weekend too)
I think therefore I think - I think
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 163 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

E

Post by E »

Culprit wrote:^^His eyes focused on the player, not the ball. I'm calling 3 with a 2 for an early plea.
did anyone else notice that it was the commentaqtors that made a massive deal of it. Ling in particular made them go back to the incident.

why do commentators protect all players from tribunal except Collingwood players. I couldn't believe what they were saying to be honest. There actually wasn't that much in it and they never bothered to mention that the contact was to the shoulder and not the head.

I also thought it was interesting that no one pointed out that Isaac Smith flopped for a free kick that he never got and pretended to be hit in the jaw when ABSOLUTELY no contact was made to the head.
Geek
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Geek »

stui magpie wrote:Nah, persist with Cox.

he's going to have some bad days and, when he does, it sticks out like elephant balls on a cat. But he's not a spud and provides a legitimate option.
Elephant balls.

On a cat.
Geek
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Geek »

E wrote: did anyone else notice that it was the commentaqtors that made a massive deal of it. Ling in particular made them go back to the incident.

why do commentators protect all players from tribunal except Collingwood players. I couldn't believe what they were saying to be honest. There actually wasn't that much in it and they never bothered to mention that the contact was to the shoulder and not the head.

I also thought it was interesting that no one pointed out that Isaac Smith flopped for a free kick that he never got and pretended to be hit in the jaw when ABSOLUTELY no contact was made to the head.
Yep. Would love to have seen Chrisso cite Smith for that. Apparently he wants to crack down o that sort of behaviour
E

Post by E »

masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Just play Mason Cox

Post by masoncox »

If you want to get ahead just play the big guy.
He worries the oppo every time.
mandy

Post by mandy »

Did a good job tonight. If he can continue to use both hands and hang onto those marks, few opposition will beat him.
#TEAMBUCKS
#TEAMEDDIE
#TEAMCOLLINGWOOD
#SIDEBYSIDE
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Loved that mark in the forward line where he just waltzed out of the pack with ball in hand. This game will do his confidence a lot of good and with that will come some valuable performances (I'm hoping!!).
RudeBoy
Been liked: 134 times

Post by RudeBoy »

He played a good game, and helped open up our forward line for others. Well played Coxy.
E

Post by E »

He never gets dropped if he contributes to a game as he did tonight. Perfect role for the second ruckman/second forward. Takes enough attention from the opposition that a guy like Reid could bob up for 3 goals!
Piethagoras' Theorem
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Took a couple of grabs that not many in the game would be capable of. Even after the disgraceful bronx cheers from so called supporters. Wankers!
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
Collingwood Crackerjack

Post by Collingwood Crackerjack »

Creates space in the forward line, Thomas benefited from that I think
woodys_world69
Been liked: 32 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

He's too nice. Get some mongrel in him.

I don't want another cloke who got shafted by the umpires all his career because he was bigger then his opponent. Cox needs to remind the umpire each quarter how much bigger he is and stop his opponent raping him
E

Post by E »

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:Took a couple of grabs that not many in the game would be capable of. Even after the disgraceful bronx cheers from so called supporters. Wankers!
i thought the cheers were awesome. We should do it EVERY time he takes a mark! It will start to be his calling card. He is from the US afterall so a Bronx cheer should be right up his alley.