Farewell #33 Jack Ginnivan

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by think positive »

Brown26 wrote:Ginni is being groomed now as a a high HFF, not a goal sneak like he started in his first year. I reckon the plan is for him to play midfield / high HFF going forwards cause he has footy smarts - he just needs the tank.

That's why he's such a good sub - he can play 70% of the ground for about 30% of the game!

I wouldn't be too worried about him fitting into our forward line with Schultz, I'd be thinking goal kicking midfielder.

- Ben
hope your right, love Ginnie

but yeah, his pre GF horse race visit and his response to the criticism leave a bit to be desired in light of his performance.

i wasnt fussed beforehand, but gees, if the club was privately upset, he shouldnt have thumbed his nose at em!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

I’m gobsmacked that a few days after the incredible joy of winning the flag, the Ginny haters are already plying their stuff. I really must be stupid after years of being a fan, not realising that you love a player only during the season and a day after that, they are not deserving of adulation but rather dismissive emotions that you have to have about pissing them off as if their value has now diminished. My goodness I shall always remain a loyal long term fan of the club and those who are integral to its success, the players.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

If you're already being questioned about the defensive side of your game and got on the fairy dust pre season then put yourself at risk as a high profile player out in a crowd where the majority of them would love to punch your head in GF eve then you really need to step up the next day and take that Premiership by the throat. I love a larrikin, but he has to deliver on the big stage or why would you bother?
Flagpies
David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 59 times

Post by warburton lad »

Firstly, Ginnivan is going nowhere this trade period.

Consider all of the facts about this lad-

* he is a very good set shot for goal
* he clearly gets under the skin of opponents
* the Magpie Army lift when he gets around the play
* leading into the Grand Final he had limited minutes from being a sub

Ginnivan has only had the 2022 and 2023 preseasons to build up his 'tank'.

Whilst others will point out that Nick Daicos has only had two preseasons and is elite, they need to consider to Nick Daicos has the divine blood of Peter Daicos coursing through his veins and has the DNA of a Magpie immortal.

Ginnivan will be given a programme that will really push him to improve his aerobic capacity and, hopefully, his speed around the ground.

If I were Ginnivan, I would be seeking out the elite trainers amongst the team and getting on board and make the personal sacrifices that they make for greatness.

He need to look no further than Jordan De Goey to see how a young guy who made some poor choices can knuckle down and do justice to his God-given talents.

Imagine the havoc that Ginnivan could cause if he became an elite runner and added some muscle over this summer..

Floreat Pica
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by shawthing »

Ginnivan is on notice this off season. Next year he has to take his position in the team with both hands. If we get Schulz then that's a good thing. The competition will ramp up for positions. He must deliver on his talent in the way Bobbie has.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by What'sinaname »

lazzadesilva wrote:I’m gobsmacked that a few days after the incredible joy of winning the flag, the Ginny haters are already plying their stuff. I really must be stupid after years of being a fan, not realising that you love a player only during the season and a day after that, they are not deserving of adulation but rather dismissive emotions that you have to have about pissing them off as if their value has now diminished. My goodness I shall always remain a loyal long term fan of the club and those who are integral to its success, the players.
You're gobsmacked that we're in the second week of trading and we're talking about trading players?

So are you gobsmacked with the club allowing Adams to move on despite being integral to our success? He was contracted and the club could have said no to any trade.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 162 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ He's probably just a bit gobsmacked by the Jack Ginnivan manifestation of Tourette syndrome.

There is no apparent Collingwood interest in trading Jack and no apparent trade proposal for him from any other club presently live. Not the slightest whiff of one. That might change, of course - but there's presently nothing to talk about.
jonmac1954
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

I'm gobsmacked that that any supporter would want to deny Tay the opportunity to find a club that will give him more game time.

He has apparently already been told that his senior game time will be limited with Mitchel there and a number of others to blood from the VLF team. This is even without our current cycling of blokes like Crispy and Maynard etc.

It's shocking bad luck he didn't get to the GF and snare a medal but I for one wish him all the best and congratulate the club for mending it's ways regarding the movement of players off the list.

*** Cough cough Treloar cough cough ***
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

What'sinaname wrote:
lazzadesilva wrote:I’m gobsmacked that a few days after the incredible joy of winning the flag, the Ginny haters are already plying their stuff. I really must be stupid after years of being a fan, not realising that you love a player only during the season and a day after that, they are not deserving of adulation but rather dismissive emotions that you have to have about pissing them off as if their value has now diminished. My goodness I shall always remain a loyal long term fan of the club and those who are integral to its success, the players.
You're gobsmacked that we're in the second week of trading and we're talking about trading players?
Ummmm.…………No

I have trouble with patience these days but I’ll explain why I’m gobsmacked.

Ginny is as divisive as the Voice referendum and I get that. But I’m gobsmacked that fans who were thrilled that he was a Collingwood premiership player only a few days ago now support his possible departure. It’s like well we got what we wanted from him so let’s piss him off. I still grieve over the fact that Collingwood let fabulous Phil Carman go
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
jonmac1954

Post by jonmac1954 »

lazzadesilva wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Ummmm.…………No

Ginny is as divisive as the Voice referendum and I get that. But I’m gobsmacked that fans who were thrilled that he was a Collingwood premiership player only a few days ago now support his possible departure. It’s like well we got what we wanted from him so let’s piss him off. I still grieve over the fact that Collingwood let fabulous Phil Carman go
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

lazzadesilva wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Ummmm.…………No

We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
jonmac1954

Post by jonmac1954 »

Yeah Shultzy landing at the Pies should be a huge wake up call for Ginni.

He has a footy brain and is therefore a valuable commodity but he has to demonstrate to the club his commitment to his career.

I await the end of the off season with baited breath.

If he comes back in the same condition he did this year . . . .

He may get his papers stamped and that would be a huge shame.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 162 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ Especially if he ends the season a dual-premiership player.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

K wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
K wrote: 1st round?! :shock: Unless the Hawks zoom up the ladder, that's way overs! Can't be true!
First Rd pick is the minimum for a required and contracted player like Ginni with proven big game performances.
No club would ever give that. Top 10(ish) pick is the compo for star key forwards!

Well given we just gave up a first and second round pick for a small forward, yeah, I’d definitely be not taking anything less than a first rounder for Ginni.