#12 Joshua Carmichael

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
warburton lad wrote:Seemed somewhat anxious (understandably) early in the game and a turnover resulted in a goal against the Pies.

However, kept cracking in and is a very solid tackler- does the team things well (smothering, chasing, manning-up, unrewarded running to make position to receive). On this score, I rated his match in the 'very good' region.

As others have sagely noted, this was his first outing for his new club with new teammates, new system, difficult opponents in difficult conditions.

It is not a stretch to imagine this lad being a lock in the starting 22 by Round One next year.

From what I saw yesterday: Will Kelly, McMahon, McRae and Poulter will be joining him- even in a beating such as we received at the hands of Casey there are very positive signs of growth and improvement.

Callum Brown continues to exhibit the qualities that should see him inherit Taylor Adams role soon- an in and under midfielder who is a genuine rover in the old-school mould.

I know there are many who do not rate the lad, but I genuinely believe that his best senior football is ahead of him; I just hope it is with the Pies.
Question for me is can Callum Brown earn a spot on the list for next year. Personally I’d give him another contract. Carmichael and he could work in tandem in the middle of the ground. Maybe then play Adams behind the ball, like Pendlebury.
Adams behind the ball? You really want Adams distributing off the half back line? Recipe for disaster
Agree. Choked on lunch reading this.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
swoop42
Been liked: 6 times

Post by swoop42 »

I didn't see his performance in the VFL but looking at the stats I love the 10 tackles and his kick to handball ratio within his 23 disposals.

Promising start.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I expect he'll get a chance to play a couple of senior h & a games before the year is out, so we have some depth going into the finals. We need a strong bodied mid fielder in reserve in case of an injury/suspension to any of our current midfield group. The great thing is, he seems to be physically ready to mix it with the big boys. Goal kicking midfielders are worth their weight in gold!
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 82 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Anyone notice the number of mid season draft recruits who get injured in their first few games if they play shortly after being drafted. Seems to be quite a few.

They haven’t done an AFL pre season and may not be fully conditioned to the physical demands just yet. John Noble and Marlion Pickett notable exceptions.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark of the last quarter
Boot
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Boot »

The Black and White Lion wrote:Anyone notice the number of mid season draft recruits who get injured in their first few games if they play shortly after being drafted. Seems to be quite a few.

They haven’t done an AFL pre season and may not be fully conditioned to the physical demands just yet. John Noble and Marlion Pickett notable exceptions.
Marlon Pickett didn't play senior AFL football until he had done 3 months at Richmond before the Grand Final whereas John Noble was playing earlier after being selected in the mid season draft.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
Johnno75
Been liked: 45 times

Post by Johnno75 »

BOG or very close too in todays VFL. A few more efforts like this and we could see him in the seniors very soon.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by Big T »

Close to bog for the pies maybe... but it was a very average performance and I'd say there were 10 lions players superior to the top ranked pje
Buon Giorno
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

He’s never gone through an AFL preseason before and this was his second VFL game. We got thrashed today by Brisbane and the scoreboard flattered us. Carmichael looks a very good prospect but he’s weeks and weeks away in my view. They would have been throwing him to the wolves if they had of played him against GWS tomorrow.
scoobydoo
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by scoobydoo »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:He’s never gone through an AFL preseason before and this was his second VFL game. We got thrashed today by Brisbane and the scoreboard flattered us. Carmichael looks a very good prospect but he’s weeks and weeks away in my view. They would have been throwing him to the wolves if they had of played him against GWS tomorrow.
100% & the same for A.Johnson.
BazBoy
Been liked: 40 times

Congrats Josh Carmichael

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

Tarks aka Tarkyn Lockyer presented Josh with his jumper
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

Who's out? Assuming it's De Goey?
VicParkTragic
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by VicParkTragic »

He’s a big boy!! One of the advantages of getting an established player. Don’t need to wait until he builds up his body. I think he’ll be great!!
Living in Geelong, barracking for the 'pies!
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

The kid if up to it has 2-3 weeks while Jordan gets over groin strain