Post Match. Pies pipped by Hawks. All comments please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Magpies035

Post by Magpies035 »

Just not good enough
The Great Macedonian Marvel
think positive
Has liked: 316 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by think positive »

daics aka the ruckman wrote:If we had a forward line we might have won ....
Hawthorn played a very pressure game again. Like Bulldogs, like North.
With our players on the park we struggle to beat it.

Can we buy a free kick in the forward line ? The hawks got a few we dont normally get.
Adams in wont change much.
this 100%

cox held all night long, treloar got his head taken off in front of goals, nothing, yes we played shit, but we were not the only ones that had a shocker

the soft in the back frees are ruining the spectacle of the game.

thomas, not good enough, is pendles alright? daicos needs more time

well done Degoey, played half the game on his own, well done IQ, maynard, moore, crisp, flip, grundy, sidey,

gnight!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

slangman wrote:Our runners/outside players are heavily tagged so our ability to breakaway from a stoppage is nearly always under pressure.

We did this to teams last year but this year we have gone back to the previous years tactic of marking space.

Last I checked, space has never ever kicked a goal in the history of football.
The question is though, why have we gone back to this tactic???
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

PyreneesPie wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote: hopefully it is not a psychological rot such as the one that corroded Adelaide after their GF loss. I am gutted. Sorry to all. I am just really blown over by the fall in form, and our inability to respond tonight.
It's hard to fathom such a loss of form isn't MTTM, but I am convinced it's psychological. Only the players can fix that with some honest, put it all out there discussion.
Interesting that you mention the Crows. It's taken them 18 months to recover some zip. I really wish supporters would appreciate that the players are human, not robots. To lose a GF the way we did last year, would crush the spirit of most of us. We haven't lost talent and skill, we've just lost belief and that's not unexpected, given that reality can be so bloody cruel.
We were second after 15 rounds this year. Hardly psychological, otherwise we’d be in Demon territory.
Est. 2002
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

masoncox wrote: I reckon langdon is gone for the year
If rest doesn't help the medial lingament then he needs an op.
Howe has been ordinary this year.
But the problem is not defence.
The defence has been great.
It is the mids and forward who have really struggled.
Yep, I agree. They've lost their flair and dare, especially now that Stephenson is out.
slangman
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by slangman »

PyreneesPie wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote: hopefully it is not a psychological rot such as the one that corroded Adelaide after their GF loss. I am gutted. Sorry to all. I am just really blown over by the fall in form, and our inability to respond tonight.
It's hard to fathom such a loss of form isn't MTTM, but I am convinced it's psychological. Only the players can fix that with some honest, put it all out there discussion.
Interesting that you mention the Crows. It's taken them 18 months to recover some zip. I really wish supporters would appreciate that the players are human, not robots. To lose a GF the way we did last year, would crush the spirit of most of us. We haven't lost talent and skill, we've just lost belief and that's not unexpected, given that reality can be so bloody cruel.
Your argument would have so much more merit if Hawthorn didn’t win 3 in a row after losing in 2012.
- Side By Side -
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Raw Hammer wrote:
We were second after 15 rounds this year. Hardly psychological, otherwise we’d be in Demon territory.
Well, I firmly disagree Raw Hammer. Can't say much more than that. :D
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au
Been liked: 1 time

Post by kymbo5@yahoo.com.au »

For all of you who want Clarkson - FWIW IMO, no bloody way.

He got lucky in 3 prelims which they went onto win flags.

He assaults opposition supporters.

He turns up to under 9s games and tell kids to get *&^ked

He verbally abuses journaists

He instructs his players to play physically well outside the rules

He has ethical malnutrition issues.

He has lost his last 4 finals.

No, no, no no and No.
kymbo
Piesnchess
Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Piesnchess »

PyreneesPie wrote:
BHPIE wrote:Sadly our players don't lack heart , it direction, last yr was great , but Bucks saw it as justifcation of of his failed yrs , n has gone back to that game plan , back sideways , repeat let opponents get in defense, slow ball movement kills this team
I'm not so sure that Bucks wants them to play this way - the players have just gone into their shells.

OK the next 2 weeks or so we are gong to be rank outsiders, underdogs, friendless, as opposed to last 3 weeks we have been hot favourites. This takes pressure of us, cos nobody expects us to win. I reckon Bucks should throw caution to the wind, tell our guys, as new coach Shaw is doing to got our and actually enjoy their footy again, start playing with flair, some imagination, go for broke, take risks, like, it may just work. ! And could we play any worse than what we are now, if we did take the game on more have a real crack for the fun of it. ? Its worked for Norf and Carlton. :idea:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:For all of you who want Clarkson - FWIW IMO, no bloody way.

No, no, no no and No.
But he wins Grand Finals, yeah? Against interstate teams at the MCG. A 4-1 record in GFs overall. Yeah, you’re right. Bad move.
Last edited by Raw Hammer on Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Est. 2002
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by doriswilgus »

I know we’ve been playing like crap lately,but is there any reason why the team looks so tired and lethargic?Our players were running up and down on the spot in the last quarter.They had absolutely no energy at all.And this has been happening week after week lately.
Magpies035

Post by Magpies035 »

Nothing seems to be working
We have a total lack of confidence
Where has the run gone
Just moving the ball to slow
The gameplan and structure should hold no matter what players you have
Hawthorn structure has held together for over 10 years
This is so frustrating
The Great Macedonian Marvel
masoncox

Post by masoncox »

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:For all of you who want Clarkson - FWIW IMO, no bloody way.

No, no, no no and No.
Clarko.
4 flags to bux 0
Win / loss 210 to 130.
Great record .
Bux deserves to stay but hey clarko has a far superior record.
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

slangman wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Your argument would have so much more merit if Hawthorn didn’t win 3 in a row after losing in 2012.
That's a good point, but teams like that are very rare, as history shows. We are not the Hawthorn of 2012, but a team with a few outright stars and slightly lesser lights that previously got by on endeavour and will to win.
Jezza
Has liked: 223 times
Been liked: 311 times

Post by Jezza »

Three certainties in life:

1. Death
2. Taxes
3. Collingwood losing to Hawthorn every year
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆