David Fanning - Mistake?

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

dish

Post by dish »

Spoljar wouldnt you say Nick Maxwell is playing a similar if not the same role to what Jason cloke did for us
spoljar

Post by spoljar »

dish wrote:Spoljar wouldnt you say Nick Maxwell is playing a similar if not the same role to what Jason cloke did for us
I think Maxwell offers a lot more flexibility in that he can play forward as well as back. Being able to play both sides of the ground is another major asset in modern day footy.
IMHO Cloke's biggest problem is that he went for the spoil far too ofter rather than take the mark.
dish

Post by dish »

I am not saying id rather him over Max no doubt Maxwells leadership is much better than Jasons and i agree with you on your last point i just think there is still a place for Jason in the AFL Id love to see him get another crack
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Agree with you, Dish, Clokey isn't as bad as many make out. I'd still prefer Maxy, he has more strings to his bow, however it's hardly as if Jason Cloke is a dud.
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by stui magpie »

Look, Jason is not a dud but, despite his height increasing by 3cm's since joining Bendigo, :roll: he was too short for a KPP back and not quick/agile enough to play on small forwards. Once harry gets back and IF our other backline prospects improve enough, Maxy may well find himslef in a similar position. Harry isn't our future CHB, he's our future Jimmy Clement. Maxy has Wakes spot nd has next season to make it his own.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.