GWS Wacky Wednesday

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 403 times
Been liked: 186 times

GWS Wacky Wednesday

Post by Presti35 »

6 GWS players are in a bit of hot water. The players are shocked to have heard they may be fined and/or suspended at the start of next season. But the AFL are not pleased. This is yet to be determined as the finds of an AFL investigation are not complete.

What we know is that this took place at a private mad monday/wacky wednesday event. And the bar tender went to the AFL with his complaint. We know that GWS was informed in the week of the GF and that teams with players involved in trades were notified. This tells me that certain players that have now left GWS were not one of the 6 involved.

We know their theme was celebrity couples and that no costume was seen as offensive, but that certain skits performed were. The media have led people to speculate on who was involved and what actually happened. It could very well be a storm in a tea cup, but it could also be something worse. Many have suggested references to Diddy and rude/violent behavior in regards to his recent legal troubles. (That's putting it lightly). A player also mocked Raygun.

The AFL have also put it out there that no illegal behavior took place, but that they are investigating what could be unacceptable behavior. We'll know more when the investigation is complete, but I'd be surprised if anyone gets a lengthy suspension.

Could be a good time to get GWS in round 1 though.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
SLORT
Has liked: 260 times
Been liked: 149 times

Re: GWS Wacky Wednesday

Post by SLORT »

So if they'd have had a private orgy that'd be fine but because they mocked people not even there and one nob got offended then it's all "Oh MY!". What a world our "leaders" are giving us.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Mitch Cleary has just posted that Toby Greene was the one dressed as Raygun but also that he was not involved in any unsavory skits. However, he is expected to be fined for showing a lack of leadership. That is a disgrace from the AFL if you ask me.

The other players have until tomorrow to respond/negotiate their sanctions.

The other players involved (believed to now be 4) do not include anyone that has since left the club.

Suspensions are still in play, so getting them in round 1 is a bonus for whoever they play, which the AFL will probably gift to North or Gold Coast.
SLORT
Has liked: 260 times
Been liked: 149 times

Post by SLORT »

If they did this to Collingwood then that'd be it for me. So sick of the political and corporate gaslighting. Build those houses, it's urgent, a crisis! ~ Current birth rates of 1.8 children per woman...
Just feels like a constant effort to kill off all Australian culture ~ mateship, taking the piss, freedom of speech, a fair go! ~ It's all gotta go...
Jezza
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 323 times

Post by Jezza »

Sounds like a total non-story, but some wowser has dobbed them into the AFL.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

A blow up doll has come into play. The number of players involved is getting lower by the second. 10, 8, 6, 4, now 2...

I think it's ridiculous that Toby has been fined. Especially such a large fine. As more comes to light, the stupider this sounds.
stui magpie
Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by stui magpie »

Private function, no public, staff or coaches there, nothing illegal just some acts in questionable taste amongst a group of mid 20's on the turps at the end of the season.

Please. Fines and suspensions? GTFO. No. That's just Big Brother shit. Maybe some compulsory education sessions if the questionable taste really dove to the bottom, so they as young, privileged men get to see how what they think is funny may not actually be funny.

The bar person who complained to the AFL needs a good hard look in the mirror. If they didn't like the skits, get another staff member to serve the private area and stay away. The guys thought they were in a private space and could let their hair down and have fun. Fkn ridiculous.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Two players went dressed at the twin towers. The theme was troubled couples.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 162 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ That's actually funny.

Oh, wait - I've suspended and fined myself.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Thanks P4S, you've laughed at my post and now I'm being fined too. Whats my Mrs going to say? $20k... shit, she isnt going to be happy.

Mods, you're being fined too for not deleting my post that P4S reacted to in time. $40k each.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Mods, can we merge the 2 threads? @LaurieHolden

So Fahey dressed as Jarryd Hayne with Riccardi as his taxi driver. Fahey simulated some strange acts with the doll.

McMullin and Hamilton dressed/acted as the twin towers.

Thomas and Fonti acted out a skit involving an unnamed sportsman.

Idun and Whitfield enacted a movie scene involving American slavery (Believed to be Django Unchained, which is a great film btw).

All up, 13 players were sanctioned including Toby and the 8 above. Fahey has been suspended for 4 weeks. With the other penalties to come.
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by shawthing »

Absolutely disgusting by the AFL dictators! Woke culture now totally out of control. We are the new Soviet Union!

Conor Idun (who is black) dresses up as a black character from a Quentin Tarantino film and he gets pinged. Toby Greene fined for taking the piss out of Raygun. Who hasn't?
She made us the laughing stock of the world FFS!

Suspensions up to four weeks for a PRIVATE party that was ratted out by some worker at the place where they had it.

One thing is obvious. Despite being well paid, ALL AFL players now work for the AFL Plantation Master!
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 95 times

Post by shawthing »

SLORT wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 2:07 pm If they did this to Collingwood then that'd be it for me. So sick of the political and corporate gaslighting. Build those houses, it's urgent, a crisis! ~ Current birth rates of 1.8 children per woman...
Just feels like a constant effort to kill off all Australian culture ~ mateship, taking the piss, freedom of speech, a fair go! ~ It's all gotta go...
Hit it in one. That's exactly what these uni educated *rick* want. To destroy our culture. As I said, ask any survivor of the USSR and they'll tell you, we are the new Soviet Union.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

I'll just say that I'm more disappointed with the AFL than I am with the GWS players.
mightypies90
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by mightypies90 »

shawthing wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 8:25 pm
SLORT wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 2:07 pm If they did this to Collingwood then that'd be it for me. So sick of the political and corporate gaslighting. Build those houses, it's urgent, a crisis! ~ Current birth rates of 1.8 children per woman...
Hit it in one. That's exactly what these uni educated *rick* want. To destroy our culture. As I said, ask any survivor of the USSR and they'll tell you, we are the new Soviet Union.
This country is turning to s@#t. How is this even a thing. It’s getting to the point that they will start pinging you for what you do in your own home. Or heaven forbid if you aren’t woke enough.
The artist formerly known as schuey7.