Are Caro, Damo and robbo right- something up at pieland?

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

bucking awesome
Been liked: 1 time

Are Caro, Damo and robbo right- something up at pieland?

Post by bucking awesome »

Because I’m in the mood for doom and gloom. Are Caro, robbo damo and any other journo ending in o right

Jeff Browne leaving
Graham wright to the scum
Port being bastards
And now Brendan Bolton to the aints

What’s happening with our club?
Painful frustrating disappointing exhilarating and unbelievably awesome. - That's a Collingwood life through and through
Brodies Dad
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Are Caro, Damo and robbo right- something up at pieland?

Post by Brodies Dad »

Craig Kelly is poison
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Jeff has been battling cancer ffs, and still has a long way to go — he never planned to be a long term prez, but had to step up as Korda wasn’t interested and the alternative was pretty shit. Thanks a bunch, Eddie

Wrighty has been gone for a year, only stuck around out of Jeff’s insistence. Wrighty clearly wanted it all his way or the highway, and there isn’t enough room for him and Kelly. One had to go. Time will tell. Personally I’d like Kelly to move on or pull his head in and stick to what he’s employed to do and let others do what they’re employed to do without him interfering. Personally, I’d like to see that old boys club move on.

Footy clubs are brutal, not for the feint hearted, and Fly is an absolute anomaly, you don’t often see a Mr Nice Guy in a top job where winning is everything.

And lastly, Caro and Robbo can f*** off. They don’t say boo about Melbourne or other clubs. What we’ve got going on is nothing compared to the others, especially Melbourne.
Jezza
Has liked: 223 times
Been liked: 307 times

Post by Jezza »

Browne's departure doesn't concern me. Would have been nice to see him go another term but health comes first in this case. Sounds like the club has a succession plan lined up so hopefully we can avoid the board turmoil that inflicted us in 2021.

Wright's departure annoys me on two fronts. He was a huge reason for our resurgence in 2022-23 and he's gone to an arch-rival where he'll provide valuable IP for them.

Port playing hard to get is nothing new. They did it to us 20+ years when we were trying to recruit Nick Stevens.
Last edited by Jezza on Wed Oct 16, 2024 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Nice of Caro and Robbo to give players’s/managers second thoughts of a trade to Collingwood during the last 48 hours of trade period
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Pretty much agree Miyagi.

Sure, Kelly is an alpha male who loves being the boss. Nevertheless, someone has to be the boss I guess.

I was disappointed to lose Wright, but seeing him join the scum, I'm over him. Maybe he was too full of himself.

As for Browne, he is battling cancer, so give the guy a break. He helped right the ship and deliver us a Premiership.

As for Bolton, he apparently clashed badly with Leppitsch during the year, so I'm glad he's gone. Hopefully we'll fill our footy department vacancies with some quality people and go on and win the phucking 2025 Premiership.
glasseyevfx
Been liked: 1 time

Post by glasseyevfx »

not surprised Leppitsch clashed with someone - always struck me as abrasive. Interesting to see how he and Kelly get on. This always seems to happen - a little success and the personalities get in each others way...
We shall set our course by the stars and not ships that pass in the night
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Nothing happened for eight days with the trade, so of course media had to drum up a Collingwood headline
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Are Caro, Damo and robbo ......

serious ? I would not wipe my butt with their Collingwood opinions
Presti35
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 175 times

Post by Presti35 »

Do any of these journos talk about Matthew Boyd and how he is a massive inclusion to our coaching team? Didn't think so. It's always about the negative view.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Robbo got sacked by Fox from 360. Nuff said for me.

Also re GW going to the scum, SEN reported this morning that they will have 5 maybe 6 $M players on their list by the end of next year. That seems a lot and they already had to forfeit players this year to fit below the growing cap. TDK will join that list so they need to jettison some more. Notwithstanding the future CEO role I reckon GW has been parachuted in to fix the scum’s salary cap going forward also.

None of the muppet journalists in this thread topic talked about that. They just talked drivel from a position of bias.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark of the last quarter