What made me laugh today... Pt 2

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Culprit
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 60 times

Re: What made me laugh today... Pt 2

Post by Culprit »

stui magpie wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 6:03 pm So Mum watched Bathurst this arvo. I went to see how she liked it after it finished and she told me Brodie Mihocek had won.

Checkers sure is multi talented.
We know how good he is. :D

As a long-time fan of Bathurst, I know it's not what it used to be. We have gone from the days of "Production Cars" to kit cars with badges. It's great they can do a lap in just over 2 minutes but it isn't the same as what I grew up with.
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

I did have a chuckle reading about the Australians arrested running a brothel in Bali. They named Rick Oleranshaw and he has nothing to do with his ex-wife's business. Then they print this rubbish, "He believed two partners were still in Bali but that Olarenshaw went to Australia after the separation and had not returned. This masthead does not suggest any wrongdoing on the footballer’s part or that he knew of any alleged illegal activity inside the Seminyak parlour. Attempts to contact him by phone and email were unsuccessful".

I was waiting for ex Collingwood player. :D
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 133 times

Post by stui magpie »

Why do you say Oleranshaw had nothing to do with the business? I've never been to Bali and I knew he ran a couple of rub & tugs there. (Allegedly)
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 310 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by think positive »

Culprit wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 6:20 pm
stui magpie wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 6:03 pm So Mum watched Bathurst this arvo. I went to see how she liked it after it finished and she told me Brodie Mihocek had won.

Checkers sure is multi talented.
We know how good he is. :D

As a long-time fan of Bathurst, I know it's not what it used to be. We have gone from the days of "Production Cars" to kit cars with badges. It's great they can do a lap in just over 2 minutes but it isn't the same as what I grew up with.
I agree and i still miss Peter Perfect.

but i really enjoyed the last 40 laps today, driving skills and never were amazing!! and go GM!! i cried along with the team owner, awesome stuff!

what $@&^# bathurst were those tinny little sierras!! ugh!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

stui magpie wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 6:44 pm Why do you say Oleranshaw had nothing to do with the business? I've never been to Bali and I knew he ran a couple of rub & tugs there. (Allegedly)
He hasn't been with his wife or has lived there for a while, so why bother mentioning him? His estranged is the Indonesian who knows how it all works. Many Aussies have set up businesses there through friends and there are some great businesses but a shit load of seedy ones run by questionable people. I am a regular as that's the cheap holiday spot and Aussies with their tattoo shops now outnumber massage shops, mostly run by Bikie Gangs. Graft and Corruption is a way of life and with no social security, some locals do anything for a $$.
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 133 times

Post by stui magpie »

^
Fairy Nuff, I was under the impression he only left recently but if it wasn't for his connection it wouldn't make the news in Australia.

Anyway, you can have Bali, I don't holiday anywhere I can't drink the tap water.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

^^ :D :D Who drinks the tap water outside of Australia? We have the best water in the world. Wherever I travel around the globe I only drink bottled water/aqua. I have had Bali belly once and that wasn't from the water (in 30 years). These days the bulletproof youngsters get Bali belly daily. I used bottled water recently in Canada, although where I was staying had an actual well that they drew water off. Their Pool was filled from the well and that process takes a while. I have to learn more about that.
The reason many like myself go to Bali is the cost. I can do Bali for a month @ $3500 max (including AirFare and Accommodation). We still have the young self-entitled bogan element (I was one 40 years ago) but they seem more cashed up these days and have departed Kuta and are now in Ubud, Ulawatu, Seminyak, Legion and Canggu. Canggu would be great if I was 20 and wanted to party all night, those days are long gone.