Graham Wright - ex-General Manager of Football

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 74 times

Re: Graham Wright - ex-General Manager of Football

Post by Big T »

Look we missed the boat here. Kelly is a disaster in comparison and Carlton have done well.
Buon Giorno
SLORT
Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 143 times

Post by SLORT »

Big T wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 4:16 am Look we missed the boat here. Kelly is a disaster in comparison and Carlton have done well.
Time will prove it one way or the other. At the moment it just looks like a shemozzle. Not biting the bullet last year and letting GW go was the initial mistake. But yeah, all on the line next year (especially if we nab Houston). Top four position is a win. Not making the eight...with Carlton finishing top four...knives will be sharpened and questions will be asked. Should Ned fall who would be next CEO? Maybe we could get Wright back in...
GreekLunatic
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Post by GreekLunatic »

Didn't we win a flag with Kelly as CEO see what he does at a club who changes coaches left right centre
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by Big T »

GreekLunatic wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 5:34 pm Didn't we win a flag with Kelly as CEO see what he does at a club who changes coaches left right centre
Yes we did GL, but the past 12 months have not been pretty for him and the next 12 will determine his future. I heard Josh Jenkins walking about Justin Reid, Ned’s mate at the crows (he used to work for Ned hence the boys club), he couldn’t believe Collingwood would consider Reid from his personal experience. I hope Ned has someone scrutinising his decisions heavily. Even though the whole disabled aboriginal gay issue was likely a cash grab, he still no doubt contributed to that situation which reeks of poor judgement and bafoonery from a CEO. He’s not running an office of player agents on the piss and cracking offensive jokes anymore, he’s in charge of the biggest sporting club in the lands business operations and management structure and it’s the same business that has a shocking history when it comes to foot in mouth disease. We need to be our best in every area. I’ve always loved Ned - I just want to see him be the best leader he can be.
Buon Giorno
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Wrighty’s deputy CEO end of 2025, doubt he has any word in Carlton’s trading and draft right now. Might provide the scum’s list manager with some networking contacts but I doubt even that