Trade Winds: Dan Houston

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

makri
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Trade Winds: Dan Houston

Post by makri »

Interview with Crispy during the ch.7 news made it sound like Houston is a done deal.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by Big T »

I’m warming a little on Houston after listening to a few experts on his value and watching some more highlights, but in the counter I could find the same highlights from Noble. I guess Houston has less lowlights than Nobes. Re the bombers, everyone saying they r doing nothing etc, I think they nailed it with Caddy in the draft last year and now with Kako they have real quality in their forward line - hence give Stringer the ass. We need to find a player like Caddy imo.
Buon Giorno
Presti35
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 177 times

Post by Presti35 »

Fox saying the Houston deal will likely happen on Monday or Tuesday. I hope we give ourselves enough time to get it done and to do anything else we want to do
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
SLORT
Has liked: 248 times
Been liked: 145 times

Post by SLORT »

^ Be nice to get any good news before the weekend. It's been a pretty dismal week for the club.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 113 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

I was a little sceptical about this trade to be honest
I didn’t feel our main need was a HBF we had enough of those types already in the system
I get he’s a 2 time AA and a booming boot
Until last night listening to trade talk
Here’s a synopsis of what they said
Houston could rotate through midfield with Nick Josh Crisp Pendles Perryman depending on match ups and game situation
All of a sudden I thought if Nick was getting tagged we can move him. If we under the pump Pendles could go down back. We could start 2 of them at HBF and have them move up into the midfield giving us extra numbers around the ball and hand off to other mids to break tags or confuse opposition
All of them are better than average kicks and prefer the game in front of them because they read play well
It could end up being the difference in bog games
Im warming more to the idea now and hope it comes off
mattdally
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by mattdally »

Dan is a huge get. Will be our second best midfielder.
Unfortunately the Power pushed him out of the middle, but he was a gun mid before that - finishing top 3 in their B&F.
Think of Zorko - very similar player. Dangerous all over the ground. Will fit our team nicely.
Haff
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Haff »

SLORT wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 5:19 am ^ Be nice to get any good news before the weekend. It's been a pretty dismal week for the club.
Why dismal?
Browne wasnt ever going to be long term. Good little stint, stabalised the club, well done.
Wright wanted something different and has been gone for 12 months. Again, architecture a flag from the abysmal state we were in in 2020.
Then the criticism of our captain? Kane is a headliner, sensationalises his worthless opinion.

Houston will happen. Have no fear. Feel free to quote and ridicule me if I'm wrong.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Johnno75
Been liked: 45 times

Post by Johnno75 »

I think we will have to wait until late Tuesday or Wednesday for this. I wonder if we can throw something else at GC like paying part of Nobles wage if we want pick 23.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
SLORT
Has liked: 248 times
Been liked: 145 times

Post by SLORT »

^Glass half full...from Haff...lol.
Haff
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Haff »

SLORT wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 9:50 am ^Glass half full...from Haff...lol.
Yeah it felt weird
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Supporters getting edgy because now Port may swap 13 to Sydney for 19&21 +?, now all of a sudden 'we are giving away 2 first round picks !!!!

They could have started moaning at pick 13 if they were such great experts. lol

If these picks were used to draft youngsters , 1 or all 3 could be busts, lets say at least one of them to be safe.

Heuston is a gun, its not that we are giving up pick 5 and 9

(to add, it is a complicated deal, some value for 13 could be coming from Port in the form of the Richards/Lukosius component, take those away and 13 may have been more expensive than what we see on paper)
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

^ what does it matter what Port do with pick 13 once we've traded it to them?
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

^ Unless we have flipped and want 19 and 21??
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Johnno75 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 9:48 am I think we will have to wait until late Tuesday or Wednesday for this. I wonder if we can throw something else at GC like paying part of Nobles wage if we want pick 23.
Can we spare the $7.50 per week?
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by stui magpie »

^
You want to pay 50% of his salary?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.