#15 Nathan Kreuger

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

If Krueger remains fit and well for the remainder of the year, I can't see how Cox can get back in the team.

Cox is very good now and again, but very ordinary most of the time. Regardless of marks and goals, Krueger is a competitive beast and a brute of a man.
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

I admit I was worried Kruegs, but you proved me wrong.

I'm looking forward to more pack-busting excitement in the coming weeks...
Culprit
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by Culprit »

RudeBoy wrote:If Krueger remains fit and well for the remainder of the year, I can't see how Cox can get back in the team.

Cox is very good now and again, but very ordinary most of the time. Regardless of marks and goals, Krueger is a competitive beast and a brute of a man.
It's a big IF and in saying that a fit Krueger/McStay playing at the sharp end of the season is an exciting prospect.
derkd
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by derkd »

derkd wrote:
warburton lad wrote:Kreuger is a real conundrum
I strongly disagree, how long has Kruger been on the list now 3 years? And still yet to play any meaningful number of games.... Collingwood should have cut him last year... and here lies the heart of Collingwood's forward line woes...we chase the cheap short term ovwr 28 to 30 year old fix and we over pay.....rather than just stop spending future first rounds picks....lets actually bank some and try getting a young key forward or more than one.

I will re-visit my 'quote'

First ganme back, did very well and i congratulate Kreuger, need to get the retso of the season out of him now to have a chance for 2025!
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 41 times

#15 Nathan Kreuger

Post by Magpie Russ »

The Black and White Lion wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2024 12:24 pmBack to Kreuger, I'm not saying he's a good ruck but given his physicality, he could be a reasonable ruck option in the modern game where all you need to do is compete. Versatility can get you a late spot on the list.
Nathan Kreuger is 25. This is when a 1.96m forward should break out. I am a fan, as you can see what he can potentially he offers ($5.70 and potential will get you an almond milk cappuccino). Check his draft highlights.

Ultimately his body has let him down or his kamikaze style of play which is great but - shoulder, concussion… . It’s one thing or another.

No issue with another year on the list but can he change the way he plays and still exert any influence. Nathan Murphy was asked if he’d have changed his style of play… he said if he had he probably would not have got a game.

Kreuger has only teased what he could be and will continually do so.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Re: #15 Nathan Kreuger

Post by RudeBoy »

I'd be happy if we traded him, but equally happy to retain him. He provides good depth.

What I do not want is for us to simply delist him and get nothing in return.
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Watching this vid, no surprise he was drafted. Good scope for development

Compared to his potential in his draft year to today, in my eye, he is a different player.

I am going to guess he was told he lacked a yard, and went the bulk route, Impacts have killed him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfvnBAT4vFc

I am really not sure about him. I think he deserves to keep his spot. He does offer some cover, but who knows? Still relatively young.
K
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

RudeBoy wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2024 4:10 pm...
What I do not want is for us to simply delist him and get nothing in return.
But then the reason for keeping him is simply to avoid getting nothing in return. That's a really bad reason. In poker, you need to know when to fold.
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

^^Sounds like a song.

He showed enough last year to keep him for another year. You dump players the payout is still part of the TPP. Worse case he plays a lot of VFL.
Durka
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Durka »

Culprit wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 12:04 pm ^^Sounds like a song.

He showed enough last year to keep him for another year. You dump players the payout is still part of the TPP. Worse case he plays a lot of VFL.
What is the payout when you delist an uncontracted player?
I didn't know that there was one.
SLORT
Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 143 times

Post by SLORT »

Competitive, aggressive, physical, a good leap. I think he's another option to play key defense. Unless he just lacks the awareness of when to stick to his opponent? I like him, but I think the second ruckman role has also done a number on him (confidence wise) the same as A.J. It's been a while since we've managed to progress one of our big fellas from the draft to a key position.
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

Durka wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 12:13 pm
Culprit wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 12:04 pm ^^Sounds like a song.

What is the payout when you delist an uncontracted player?
I didn't know that there was one.
There isn't. I thought he still had a contract.
SLORT
Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 143 times

Post by SLORT »

Culprit wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 12:43 pm There isn't. I thought he still had a contract.
Nope, expires this year.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/to- ... od-magpies
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

SLORT wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 12:52 pm
Culprit wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 12:43 pm There isn't. I thought he still had a contract.
Nope, expires this year.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/to- ... od-magpies
I'd be surprised if he gets an extension. I can slot him in at East Burwood for $400 a game :D
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Dean remains unsigned, must be a nervous wait for him as we try to recruit a replacement. Can Jack Hayes, the forward/ruck, also play a defensive role?"