Trade Winds: Matthew Kennedy

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies2016
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 163 times

Re: Trade Winds: Matthew Kennedy

Post by Pies2016 »

The Blues list manager said they are open to “ discussions “ but he wasn’t aware of any real interest from other clubs at this point ( paraphrasing )
The Blues are really keen to get into this draft, so my initial thoughts would be that if they felt they could get a decent pick for Kennedy, they would take it. The problem Collingwood might have is that should we secure Houston, we may have nothing suitable left to offer them ( unless we trade out more than just Noble and Richards ) Sounds like Tomlinson is on our radar too and although it’s at no trade, at some point the salary cap becomes an issue to consider also.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
piedys
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by piedys »

Should he choose Bitchmond, there goes his finals aspiartions, let alone any hopes of being a premiership player.
Might nett himself a decent house in the process though; that's your trade-off...
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Presti35
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 175 times

Post by Presti35 »

I saw earlier today that it is most likely that Kennedy remains at Carlton for 2025. But that he is a free agent in 2026 and will likely look at a move then.

I still want him. But there's a bit going on isnt there with Carlton; Houton, GW going to Blues... I'm not sure they'll deal with us right now.

I'll love to get the news a Houston deal is done and that we haven't paid massive overs. And that we can still go for Kennedy.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
SLORT
Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 143 times

Post by SLORT »

^GW will do his best to make certain Collingwood get nothing that we need. He cannot afford to have us finish above the Boohoos next year. If they give over Kennedy then it means he's not worth getting.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

^Well GW is the trainee CEO and not the list manager. How much say is he getting on the list right now as 1. He's just walked in the door, and 2. Is it his job?

Surely he isn't holding a grudge against the team he played and won a flag for. He strikes me as a serious man and a professional man. He wouldn't be interested in screwing his former club around. You wouldn't think anyway.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Either way, once Houston is done, lets see what picks we have and how we can get Kennedy. I want him in the team.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Does anyone have a rough guess what Carlton would be looking for in return? And if they are still open to trading him?
SLORT
Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 143 times

Post by SLORT »

Presti35 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 8:58 pm Does anyone have a rough guess what Carlton would be looking for in return? And if they are still open to trading him?
Dan Houston. I'd say he's one they'll only get rid of if they need the salary cap space. Hopefully with Jack Macrae and other similar types being fished around his price should be over the mid 30's. But yeah, I'm not actually certain that they'll trade him unless they have to. I mean after all he's kind of the backup should Cripps gets injured.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

^ So you'd say pick 36 wont be enough, unless they bring in someone like Houston?
Culprit
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by Culprit »

Kennedy would be the steak-knives. I prefer him simply due to the TPP. I just read he is staying at the Blues. Oh well, next!!
piedys
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by piedys »

Presti35 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 9:38 pm I saw earlier today that it is most likely that Kennedy remains at Carlton for 2025.
But that he is a free agent in 2026 and will likely look at a move then.

I still want him. ....
And I want a pony; but guess what - I an't getting that either! :P

This is how it will play out: either voss will give him midfield time in 2025, or he'll walk for zilch as an UFA.

Thus you'd think we be in the box seat for him in 2026; that would also work, with 3-4 vets retiring as expected.
Automatic walk-up-start in the midfield at the Pies; bring it.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Johnno75
Been liked: 45 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Bulldogs chasing him, must be gettable. Let’s go Pies now that Houston deal is done.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Yeah I just saw that the Dogs are looking at going for him. I wonder what the deal would be? All we have is 3 picks in the 50s.
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

Presti35 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 5:15 pm Yeah I just saw that the Dogs are looking at going for him. I wonder what the deal would be? All we have is 3 picks in the 50s.
Wright would turn that into 2 x R2 picks and 1 x R3 pick :mrgreen:
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

I was joking but actually, after f/s and academy picks our picks will turn into a late 2R and 2 x early 3R.

The picks might end up as high as 42, 45, 48.