Graham Wright - ex-General Manager of Football

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Magpie Russ
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 41 times

Re: Graham Wright - ex-General Manager of Football

Post by Magpie Russ »

You make good points.
So Wright had a hand in getting:
Collingwood: Frampton, Hill, Mitchell, Markov and McStay?
Hawthorn: Gunston, Hill, Lake, McEvoy, Frawley?
Seems like a trade merchant.

Eddie also brought back Gubby Allen.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 185 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Yes @Magpie Russ I suspect he might be very good at the horse trading, but perhaps not so much regarding his views on running the ranch.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
piffdog
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by piffdog »

Magpie Russ wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 11:54 am You make good points.
So Wright had a hand in getting:
Collingwood: Frampton, Hill, Mitchell, Markov and McStay?
Hawthorn: Gunston, Hill, Lake, McEvoy, Frawley?
Seems like a trade merchant.

Eddie also brought back Gubby Allen.
Schultz...
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 185 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

^That's Gavin Brown Award winner Schultz to you :wink:
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

SEN have just announced Graeme Wright as the new incoming CEO of Carlton this morning on trade radio. Will be deputy to Cook for a period and then takeover at some time in the new year. I feel very sick, might be throwing up for the rest of the day.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark of the last quarter
SLORT
Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 143 times

Post by SLORT »

Well that's it then. No pressure for next year...If the wheels fall off then I dare say it'll be Cement-Head Ned's head.
SLORT

Post by SLORT »

The club is going to announce our next GM is none other than..........Craig Kelly! He's appointed himself as he believes he's twice the man Wright is and he can Scomo the CEO and GM roles with ease. Next step, the Black And White House / Presidency.
Haff
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Haff »

New head of footy, new president.. going to be an interesting few months.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

feels like a slide already
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark of the last quarter
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Wright has been appointed at Carlscum 😡 Oh bugger. 🤬 I smell a poaching act by the scum 😦if they now get Houston as well by using Wright’s relationship with him established at the pies, I will spew🤮 Geez I hope Collingwood doesn’t bend over and take shit from the scum 🤬 This stinks of brown paper bags being involved between Wright and the scum😡 if this is true, Collingwood should remove the bastard from his magpie life membership 🤬
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
derkd
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by derkd »

congrats to G.Wright, got the next step he deserves. strange Collingwood didnt offer Wright the same role given that we were aware we woudl likely have a role open.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Jezza
Has liked: 223 times
Been liked: 307 times

Post by Jezza »

Just a disappointing situation all round.

Why couldn’t Kelly work with Wright? Why dither on his resignation rather than allow him to leave effective immediately?

Thought Wright was destined to work at the AFL or be headhunted for a role with Tasmania Devils being a Tasmanian after all.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
lazzadesilva

Post by lazzadesilva »

LaurieHolden wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 12:03 pm Yes @Magpie Russ I suspect he might be very good at the horse trading, but perhaps not so much regarding his views on running the ranch.
I honestly think we will miss his management skills and that this is a real blow to us, both from him and the scum. I smell a poaching act by the scum. 😦 If they now get Houston as well by using Wright’s relationship with him established at the ‘pies, I will spew🤮 Geez I hope Collingwood doesn’t bend over and take shit from the scum 🤬 This stinks of brown paper bags being involved between Wright and the scum 😡 If this is true, Collingwood should remove the bastard from his magpie life membership 🤬
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
lazzadesilva

Post by lazzadesilva »

Probably all frigging bullshit but according to the grapevine, Wright delisted Kelly's son, and Kelly cracked the shits over it. Apparently Kelly has a big over inflated ego at Collingwood these days. Like I said, maybe it’s all scuttlebutt.
SLORT

Post by SLORT »

lazzadesilva wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:39 am 🤬 This stinks of brown paper bags being involved between Wright and the scum
More like a brown paper bag labelled revenge, filled with poop, set on fire, and dropped at Ned's doorstep.