The List (2024 player movements / list updates / contract discussions)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 175 times

Re: 2024 Uncontracted Players

Post by Presti35 »

thesoretoothsayer wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 1:53 pm Any speculation on the following uncontracted players?
I cant see all of them returning. But we need to be smart when thinking about our midfield and KPP depth.

KPPS: Dean, Eyre, McInnes, and Krueger

MIDS: Bytel, Long, Sullivan

SMALL FWD: Richards.

I think Dean is one to hold on to with our lack of tall backs and Howe another year older. Eyre needs to be given a full pre-season and made the #1 guy in the VFL to give him a shot at playing in the seniors. If Olli Lord is traded in, then Reef and Krugs may be in trouble. (Loved what Krugs did on KBH, but his game against the Hawks was unforgivable). Can Reef play in defence?

It would be correct to think that Bytel, Long and Sullivan would be worried now that Perryman is looking for midfield time. Nobels exit could have opened up an opportunity here, but Oleg re-signing and Perryman arriving means someone here will have to go. So out of the three, which one showed the most this year?

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players ... Bytel.html
https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players ... livan.html
https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/N/Ned_Long.html

You'd have to think Sulli showed the most early on, and he played 10 games. Bytel's game up in Sydney was pretty good, he played 7 games. Ned Long also with 7 games showed the least. All were subbed on/off enough during the year, but which player had the biggest impact? It was Sullivan. So I think Jack and Ned are most likely to be delisted.

Richards, who I know is popular with supporters, is tradeable if the right deal is there. If he stays, great. But if we can turn him into a pick or player that will help us, that's also great.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
thesoretoothsayer
Been liked: 22 times

Re: The List (2024 player movements / list updates / contract discussions)

Post by thesoretoothsayer »

McInnes is the one that does my head in.
Always look like he's good enough for AFL but just doesn't seem to have an impact.
I know he got shifted into defence in the VFL (as you mentioned)
However, a VFL positional change at Collingwood, can be a sign that your ticket is close to being stamped (Keeffe to FF, Brown to HBF etc..).
Also, I don't think we need both Ash Johnson and McInnes running around the backline.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Imo, both McInnes and Johnson, are talented players, but simply lack the physicality and ferocious intensity required at AFL level.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Well we’ll get a sense tonight who’s leaving, hopefully not awkward like Richmond though.