Pre-Match. Magpies v. Demons. All comments.

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 199 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Pre-Match. Magpies v. Demons. All comments.

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Playing the kids won't achieve much. Our coaches already know their strengths, weaknesses, and potentials. All it might do is get a better price - maybe - on someone we want to trade out.

If we do want a three vote game from Nick, we should pick the same team or similar. In a less experienced side, he might find it harder to shine. My only changes would be Bytel out and Dean in for Billy (Maybe) I think. I would leave Parker where he is. He is on a steep learning curve and the more game time he gets the better he will be. He had some important learning moments last week on Cameron and Bailey and next week should be the same. A revolving door selection process doesnt help any one really.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
derkd
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by derkd »

Play, The, Kids..... drop/rest some of the old folks
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Play the best available team in the Seniors. Always. Experiment with and observe kids in the Seconds and during club training. You don’t give out games willy nilly to kids unless they have earned their stripes. The honour and reverence of wearing Collingwood jumper must not be diminished.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Culprit
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by Culprit »

A game about nothing or what am I going to wear Mad Monday? There is nothing to play for except for bragging rights. Team selection will show who wants to win.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

It's important we finish the season in fighting form, to give us momentum into our pre-season and next year.
neil
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by neil »

Any players need operations?Get them a week earlier and play a kid
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
Piesnchess
Has liked: 224 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Piesnchess »

RudeBoy wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 4:55 pm It's important we finish the season in fighting form, to give us momentum into our pre-season and next year.

THIS. BE nice to cream the Deeeees by 6 goals, even if it is a dead rubber, set next season up on a real high, and send the MCC toffs up to the snow, for one last vestige of snow fields. and downing port and caviar in the high country Chalets ! :) :P
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
SLORT
Has liked: 247 times
Been liked: 145 times

Post by SLORT »

Last time we beat Melbourne by 90+ points ~

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/1 ... 60408.html

Sav kicked 7, McGuane & Stephen Patterson 4 each.

What an effort that day considering they had a good side on the park (Lyon, Stynes, Neitz, Yze, Shaun Smith, Lovett, Viney...Alistair Clarkson). So yeah, you never know.

Hopefully Fly shows the boys the game to give them some inspiration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84FuxY1 ... JuZSAxOTk2
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Melbourne are fracturing, now is the time to smash them by 10 goals plus. Play our best 22, go hell for leather knowing we get a big long rest until next season. Hammer this home to the players this week, rev them up to go out with a bang. Smash em and set the tone for2025!!!
warburton lad
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 58 times

Post by warburton lad »

A couple of observations:

* I agree with those who wish to 'play the kids' but would have the caveat that the players being omitted should only be those whose form warrants it: Bytel... or those who need to go in for an operation: Unknown. Every week is vital in rehab from injury/operation and season 2025 has already begun for the Magpies- if in doubt, leave them out.
* I don't think there will be any farewell games- it seems to me that the 'senior' players on our list have all signed up for 2025.
* The importance of our fitness guy will only increase in 2025- managing what will be the oldest list in the AFL will require skill and diplomacy. Less worried about Pendles breaking Harvey's games record than having him at peak fitness come finals.
* We have been down on form and decimated by injury in 2025- time to finish on a high and beat Melbourne convincingly- no fade outs or shrinking into our shells.
* Be creative in selection- give Long a full game on ball- what can he do? Play Parker for a full game- every minute he plays in preparation for 2025 is gold. Elevate Richards into the starting 22- Dean as well- performance in the VFL must count for something.

* By the way, the vitriol aimed at Josh Fraser must cease- given a half-decent squad last weekend, the VFL team toppled Brisbane- a win full of merit. I like that McInnes was trialed at half back- let the lad run at the ball and use his pace to break lines.

Floreat Pica.
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 113 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Forget about Brownlow or coached votes for Nick
The media have handed Cripps the medals already
It’s disgusting how there bias has him as the greatest thing since sliced bread
One on commentary on the weekend had him with 12 x BOG’s for the season and reckon he will poll votes in most of there losses as well
Well blow me down he should get about 60 votes for the season then
Nothing surer than bias will pump him up more this week
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Pretty much agree with the Lad, especially about stopping the ridiculous and unwarranted vitriol directed at Josh Fraser.
Jen2310
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by Jen2310 »

Dean and Allan will play from what I saw
Mcstay has been confirmed an out and Fly indicated they will likely rest pendles
BazBoy
Been liked: 40 times

Post by BazBoy »

Already one change to last weeks side !!

Fly advised that McStay will be unavoidable due to general soreness
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

BazBoy wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 3:17 pm
Fly advised that McStay will be unavoidable due to general soreness
Due to unavoidable circumstances? 😝
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️