Pre-Match. Magpies v. Lions. All comments.

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Skids »

K wrote:Does it work out to 12 magpie years? How long do magpies live?
Up to 30 years I believe.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

After a couple of days of considering our form and plight, I think we definitely need an injection of youth, pace and spirit into our team. As with others, I think Sidey's spot is up for grabs. He may be dropped to the sub, or rested/managed for a week or so.

Noble is a gut runner who gives his all and deserves a full recall. However, I think he is best suited to a role on the wing, rather than as a small defender. He can replace Sidey.

Finn Macrae needs to be in our starting 22 for at least a month to see if he is good enough at the level. He offers more run and speed than Mitchell, who looks to be on his last legs. At least he helped us win a flag.

I was originally thinking Harrison deserves a promotion, but I was forgetting about WHE. The good thing about WHE is his flexibility all over the field. I expect him to come into the starting 22. Harrison may have to bide his time for another couple of weeks, unless Fly is super keen to get him in now.

Cox seems to have been perennially out of form, apart from occasional good games every 6 weeks or so. FWIW, I think he is far better as a ruckman than as a forward. Assuming he retains his spot, I'd use Cameron more as a key forward, with Cox attending most of the centre bounce ruck duties.

Markov needs to go back to the ressies to find some form. This would allow
Crisp to go back to a defensive role, where he earned his bread and butter for a decade.

I'm tipping a backs to the wall 7 pt win.

Ins: Noble, WHE
Outs: Mitchell, Markov

MY TEAM
B: Maynard. Frampton. Howe
HB: Quaynor. Moore. Crisp

C: Noble Pendles. J. Daicos

HF: Schultz. Mihocek Elliott
F: Hill. Cameron. McInnes

FOLL: Cox, JDG, N.Daicos

IC: McCreery, Lipinski, WHE, Macrae
SUB: Sidey
Last edited by RudeBoy on Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I’d like to see Sidey play a forward role. I know he covers the ground better than blokes half his age, but he’s getting caught out more (often because teammates aren’t running defensively and nowhere to be seen, but mostly just Father Time). He’s looking knackered, and anyone would look slow when the whole team isn’t backing each other up and running both ways. He’s a smart player, he can sneak a couple of goals easily. Bring back Hosk to cover that ground, move Sidey forward and Pendles back. and rotate McCreery, Elliot through the middle more. Swing de Goey forward like we did, mix it up and make it less predictable for the opposition.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Time for Mihocheck and Crisp, to really extract the digit now, for us too achieve victory. Just saying,
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
derkd
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by derkd »

I hope for a better showing....I just worry that even when we were flying last year, we couldn't hold the likes of C.Cameron, C.Rayner, Daniher etc.
I dont see us managing it this week. But I will be happy to see us find some form and really push them. No more fading out garbage.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
piedys
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by piedys »

Peeps, if we are within 8 goals of this mob by 3/4-time, i'll be stunned.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
The Average Tourist

Post by The Average Tourist »

the brions played us 3 times last year the first two times we had WHE defending on Daniher we had no height in either H & A game.

At least we have Moore , Frampton, Cox & Cameron (?) for full games

We know they are going to get plenty of home town decisions but after last week what is the worst they could do!

Noble is not going to make us taller for Markov (but the move seems obvious)

Maybe it is Mitchell for Noble and WHE for Markov with Sidney the Sub

If D Cameron does have gastro then really it is Dean comes back so Frampton can ruck!

I would prefer Allan not to debut up there but Sullivan could he is hard

Fingers crossed
Floreat Pica
Bucks you just reckon he can still cut it in the middle
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by think better »

Piesnchess wrote:Time for Mihocheck and Crisp, to really extract the digit now, for us too achieve victory. Just saying,
Some vision of training this week showed Crisp was pretty sharp - lets hope he gets his 2023 finals form back
I think therefore I think - I think
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Looking sharp at training is very good. Looking sharp playing is brilliant. Prefer the latter.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

In: W.Hoskin-Elliott, J.Noble
Out: O.Markov (omitted), S.Sidebottom (managed)
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 81 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Interesting. Not surprised by the ins but surprised Titch got another run given for so far. The coaches sticking with him vs Lachie Neale.
Wonder if there’s room for a late change given the whole squad up there for the VFL game too.
Maybe Sidey’s got the week off to help out at home with his kids
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark of the last quarter
David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
sourav04

Post by sourav04 »

When was the last time the Lions lost 2 in a row at the GABBA?
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Makes me wonder ..
When will I start watching Shogun S01E06.. by quarter time or half time ? lol
Greening gold
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Greening gold »

[And Jordy continued to be illegally held with no free kicks.[/quote]

It was like that the whole game, hence the lop-sided free kick count. So many holding the man frees paid to StK but when situation was reversed it was play on.
If you used to barrack for the 'Pies, you never barracked for the 'Pies.