Let’s make history

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 179 times

Let’s make history

Post by Mr Miyagi »

North Melbourne won a flag in 75 I think after starting 0-3. We have Brisbane next week though, in Brisbane, so we could be 0-4. But if Carlton could turn it around last year and miss the gf by a kick, so can we.
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by shawthing »

Yeah, no! I'm not seeing it.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Beat Brisvegas as Blues did, and who knows. ? I have always believed that there comes a time, when a team cops so much shit, crap, from media and the haters, who are out now in force and then a side hits back hard. Ive seen it happen many times.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Piesnchess wrote:Beat Brisvegas as Blues did, and who knows. ? I have always believed that there comes a time, when a team cops so much shit, crap, from media and the haters, who are out now in force and then a side hits back hard. Ive seen it happen many times.
Should hear the crap Naicos is copping, they couldn’t wait to get the knives out and brag about how one soft tackle has been viewed 19000 times and a missed uncontested ball get was viewed 20000 times on social media
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

^ YEH Some Saints fan, whose grossly underachieving team has won ONE premiership since 1874, ONE, had the gall to say the umps got us into last ys GF, and Toby was robbed. Just unreal the shit the jealous shit they spew out.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

I’m actually looking forward to the challenge, love it when we’re backs against the wall and everyone turns on us. Get some fire in the belly, pies!
mgh3536

Post by mgh3536 »

Mr Miyagi wrote:I’m actually looking forward to the challenge, love it when we’re backs against the wall and everyone turns on us. Get some fire in the belly, pies!
I’m the same Mr M
I reckon we will click soon and maybe 10 or 11 wins good enough for finals
Back us in finals
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

shawthing wrote:Yeah, no! I'm not seeing it.
Optimism’s not your strong suit though
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
think positive
Has liked: 316 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by think positive »

mgh3536 wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:I’m actually looking forward to the challenge, love it when we’re backs against the wall and everyone turns on us. Get some fire in the belly, pies!
I’m the same Mr M

I reckon we will click soon and maybe 10 or 11 wins good enough for finals

Back us in finals
this
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Has there actually been a premier that has won the flag from 0-5 tho as that what we will be soon.
Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

we are making history
from premiers to wooden spoon
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Woods Of Ypres wrote:^

Utter horseshit.

What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:Beat Brisvegas as Blues did, and who knows. ? I have always believed that there comes a time, when a team cops so much shit, crap, from media and the haters, who are out now in force and then a side hits back hard. Ive seen it happen many times.
Should hear the crap Naicos is copping, they couldn’t wait to get the knives out and brag about how one soft tackle has been viewed 19000 times and a missed uncontested ball get was viewed 20000 times on social media
Fair enough too. The hype over Naicos has been over the top. FFS, ranking his first 49 games is a wankfest of the highest order.

His tackle was weak so good that this is being highlighted. Something he needs to address. He also needs to know that there are times he has to put his body on the line. The greats just know when they need to take a wallop.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Johnno75
Been liked: 45 times

Post by Johnno75 »

Oh we are going to make history alright if we lose this week.
In the history of the VFL/AFL only 1 defending premier has started the following season 0-4……
Anyone care to guess who it was?
That’s right COLLINGWOOD in 1959 (actually started 0-5) but recovered to finish 3rd with a 12-6 record and lost 1st week of finals.
More recently Sydney started 1-3 in 2006 and recovered to make top 4 but lost the Granny by a point.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by Big T »

Trip to Brissie is perfect for us. Backs against the wall massive underdog expected to lose. That’s our bread and butter.
Buon Giorno