Other Full Forward targets post 2024 season

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Newelly
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 13 times

Other Full Forward targets post 2024 season

Post by Newelly »

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1079057/gol ... e%20agency.

With Ben King signing on to the Hardwick School of Hope for 2 years who else is on the Pie's radar?
Chuffed to have seen 3 flag wins in my lifetime but still greedy for more.
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

Zurhaar I hope
Est. 2002
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

I heard on the grapevine that JUH will be leaving the Dogs at the conclusion of this season….. destination…. Collingwood is the preference.
Beware the swooping Magpie.
Newelly

Post by Newelly »

^
Yeah he's good but do we already have similar players to him in Ash Johnson? Power forward capable of 60+ goals a season would be good
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 113 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

JUH will be a interesting watch and see
They look like playing Darcy as a forward and Naughton a lot higher up the field then leading back so he could become the 3rd banana
They have loads of talls and how you fit them all in seems weird
In our forward line with our ball movement would suit him well

Could we see McStay and JUH as forwards and checkers go back into defence maybe as the Murphy replacement (I’m thinking he mightn’t make it through the season with his concussion issues)
McStay would play 2nd tall taking some pressure off JUH
We could afford him with either Howe of Sidey retiring at seasons end would free up some cash plus the additional cap increase coming each season
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by stui magpie »

Newelly wrote:
Presti35 wrote:Ugle- Hagan?
Yeah he's good but do we already have similar players to him in Ash Johnson? Power forward capable of 60+ goals a season would be good
C'mon, Ash is on the fringe of our best 22 and in a battle with Reef for a key forward spot. JUH would be a certain starter. They're similar in the way that a Toyota Celica is similar to a Porsche.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

^
No comparison at all. Ugle oozes class and talent. Ash is skilled and talented but inconsistent and sometimes lacks confidence in his marking ability. In a direct choice, I would choose Ugle every time.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Slim next to impossible chance of getting JUH.

It would take 2 first rounders, with one being a top 7.

If he nominated us and is absolutely adamant, perhaps one of our youngsters (McCreery) + early 1st.
Boot
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Boot »

I can't see Collingwood having the trading currency to secure too much talent via trades at the end of this year given that we have already given our first pick to Fremantle for Lachie Shutz. I think the best we can hope for is for Alex Condon to give up on his NBA dream and move to Collingwood to develop into the next Mason Cox and for the likes of Ash Johnson and Reef McInnes to continue their development as tall forward options. With the players already listed I don't see any urgent need to sell the farm to try and secure another key forward.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
Raw Hammer
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

Watching Carlton get obliterated but still stay in the game (marginally) with big 50:50 clunks is painful to watch. We’re still missing a bail-out target like Travis Cloke. We’d be borderline unstoppable with a Curnow inside F50.
Est. 2002
Newelly

Post by Newelly »

stui magpie wrote:
Newelly wrote:
Presti35 wrote:Ugle- Hagan?
C'mon, Ash is on the fringe of our best 22 and in a battle with Reef for a key forward spot. JUH would be a certain starter. They're similar in the way that a Toyota Celica is similar to a Porsche.
I was looking at the physiques JUH and Ash Johnson aren't great body on body players. Number 1 full backs will typically monster them in those contests. JUH might still fill out a little I suppose but his body type distant suggest FF focal point.
Jezza
Has liked: 223 times
Been liked: 311 times

Post by Jezza »

burnsy17 wrote:I heard on the grapevine that JUH will be leaving the Dogs at the conclusion of this season….. destination…. Collingwood is the preference.
Has great hands, but set shot kicking is no good though.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆