#41 Brody Mihocek

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

K
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

Charlie Oneeye wrote:... Much maligned, but has proven to be as just as worthy as any other accomplished AFL KP forward. (Excluding the few elites, of course)
Much maligned? Don't think so.
makri
Been liked: 2 times

Post by makri »

The amount of work he does off the ball and not get stats for is crazy. Go to a game and just watch Brody, the amount of dog runs he does between CHF to the back flanks, and the extra body/option he provides in some of those transitions. Saw a couple of games during this year and last where he was copping flack for ending up with kick/0 goals and people calling him to go to the two's. Tipping these were from people not at the ground watching what he actually does during a match. Would be among the first picked every week.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 185 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Con, does he appear, or do you ever heard him being particularly vocal on the ground?
All going well he'll take on some on-field leadership responsibility with Reef & Ash. (if he hasn't already)

A criticism I have of Johnson, are where his leading patterns are a bit one dimensional.
From my seat it's where Ugle-Hagen has made his biggest improvement.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

LaurieHolden wrote:He's been the Prestigiacomo of our forward line.
I logged in for the first time in months especially to say how apt ^^^ this is.

Possibly my favourite player. And there has never yet been such a thing as a dud premership centre half-forward. You might just possibly get away with a dud flanker or even a dud second ruck, but modern game or the game of 50 years ago, the CHF is the player the whole forward line relies on to give it structure and bite.
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

K wrote: Much maligned? Don't think so.
By some fans he has been