CFC team of the 21st Century

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

LaurieHolden
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 185 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Irrespective of the trade bust on Beams in 2019, he's going into that 22, an elite midfielder.
His 2012 season alone is as good as I've seen from a Collingwood midfielder, and that premiership winning quartet of Pendlebury, Swan, Beams and Ball was as good as we'd had on the park for a decade either side of the 2009-2012 period.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 113 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

LaurieHolden wrote:Irrespective of the trade bust on Beams in 2019, he's going into that 22, an elite midfielder.
His 2012 season alone is as good as I've seen from a Collingwood midfielder, and that premiership winning quartet of Pendlebury, Swan, Beams and Ball was as good as we'd had on the park for a decade either side of the 2009-2012 period.
Laurie people easily forget how good he was
When he first came into the team he fitted straight in and was able to hold his place among what was already a elite midfield
That 2012 season at the time was record breaking and eclipsed anything swan or Pendles or any other player had done
In just his 4th season he was being spoken about as a elite player
I remember going to a dinner where Malthouse was a guest speaker and he said he from day 1 at training he knew he had someone special in his midst just by his composure and willingness to work
If his father hadn’t got sick with cancer lord knows what his career would have looked like
I would easily have him in my best 22
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 113 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

B: H. Shaw Presti Howe
HB: Pendles Moore. Clement

C: Thomas. Bucks. Beams
Foll : Jolly, Ball, Swan

HF: N. Daicos. A. Rocca. De Goey
F: Tarrant Cloke. Elliott

IC Didak, J. Daicos, Sidey, Crisp
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

qldmagpie67 wrote:^
Pendles isn't a half-back. Crisp to half-back. Pendles into the followers. Ball to the interchange. Problem solved (A. Rocca shares ruck duties with Jolly).
mgh3536

Post by mgh3536 »

All 4 on bench better option that farkin dale Thomas
derkd
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by derkd »

People al forget how good Leon Davis was as a defender i would need to double check the stats. I recall hearing a stat that In 2011 his kick outs from full-back were marked by a Collingwood player 98% of the time.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 185 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

^certainly wasn't lost on me, happily had him in my backline. Those kick ins were something else, just didn't miss. Also offered switching potential into the forward line.

ps' adding subs / emergencies is a cop out!
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
uncanny
Been liked: 12 times

Post by uncanny »

B H Shaw Prestigiacomo Maynard
HB Clement Moore Howe

C Sidebottom Buckley Thomas
R Cox Pendlebury De Goey

HF Mihocek A Rocca Didak
F N Daicos T Cloke Elliott

I Jolly Crisp Swan J Daicos
woodsmen rule