#38 Jeremy Howe

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 199 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

^

I'm still scratching my head as to how Cameron avoided being sanctioned by the MRP for that late charge.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Presti35
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 177 times

Post by Presti35 »

Thinking of Howe, I wonder what 2024 has in store for him?
He's now 33. And he finally won his flag.
One thing I would love to see, is him winning the Mark of the Year in a Collingwood jumper. As we know he was robbed after he took the 2 best marks in the year when Joe accepted his award. I'd love to see him win this and right that wrong.
The other thing is All-Australian honours. I believe he could have been in the running for a spot in an AA team in recent years until injury got in the way. I'm not sure if many 33/34 year olds make the AA team these days, but thats something else I'd love to see happen.
Then there is always the question of moving him forward or keeping him in defence.
I hope it's not, but it's possible that 2024 will be his last season. I'm so glad he got a Premiership.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
K
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

Presti35 wrote:...
One thing I would love to see, is him winning the Mark of the Year in a Collingwood jumper. As we know he was robbed after he took the 2 best marks in the year when Joe accepted his award.
Cost him $40,000. (So said media.) Now we know why he looked so horrified!
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

The pain of a premiership: Howe Jeremy’s was more than most
As Jeremy Howe sat in hospital following his gruesome incident in Round One this season, football was the furthest thing from his mind.

Jeremy Howe 2023 stats:

* Season-high disposals (24) on Grand Final day
* Averaged second-most marks per game at Collingwood
* Kicked three goals in a game for the first time since 2015

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/1 ... -than-most

Jeremy Howe 2023 AFL Grand Final Highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I3nKth8Cmw
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

Robbed of a flag by a WA umpire and a career ending injury for most he fought back like the champion he is!

Is he a forward option in his twilight years? kicked a few bags when we threw him down there this year.
Flagpies
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Kingsofclutch wrote:Robbed of a flag by a WA umpire and a career ending injury for most he fought back like the champion he is!

Is he a forward option in his twilight years? kicked a few bags when we threw him down there this year.
Pretty certain that he played as a tall at Melbourne, taking some screamers.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
BazBoy
Been liked: 40 times

Post by BazBoy »

With years to develop and Jeremy moves to retire.

Tew Jiath if he advances in AFL defender duties can fill the breach
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right