Israeli–Palestinian conflict

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Culprit
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by Culprit »

Actually, DAB Radio is in my Car and it was ABC Melbourne. My favorite Station is 2CA Canberra as it's all old classics. Normally I am on Spotify and at that time I am normally in a Teams Meeting. It won't happen again. I had 6 Skype / Teams meetings today. It was absolute torture, I did pour a scotch early. Once again first world problems :P
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by stui magpie »

Fck, I don't miss working. Teams meetings from home are better than having to go to the office (you don't have to wear pants or shoes) but the thing that used to shit me was if the meeting finished early, people would figure that we've got x amount of time left, let's indulge in smalltalk. Really don't miss that.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

I didn’t mind the small talk if it was on cricket or footy. In fact I miss that.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

I've change my mind on this. Israel's reaction is completely over the top. A complete disregard for civilian lives.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

^Yep
Now 9061 deaths announced by the Gaza Ministry of Health, including 3760 children since October 7. Also reporting approximately 32 000 injured.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by think positive »

It’s a damn disgrace, I don’t get it in this day and age. Wher3 is the UN?
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

think positive wrote:It’s a $$%^%%$ disgrace, I don’t get it in this day and age. Wher3 is the UN?
The United Nations High Commissioner of Human Rights has resigned, issuing a lengthy letter condemning the organization, the U.S., and Western media companies for their positions on the war between Israel and Hamas, which he described as a “text-book case of genocide.”

“Once again, we are seeing a genocide unfolding before our eyes, and the Organization that we serve appears powerless to stop it,” wrote Craig Mokhiber, the group’s New York office director, who had worked with the U.N. for more than three decades.
“The current wholesale slaughter of the Palestinian people, rooted in an ethno-nationalist colonial settler ideology, in continuation of decades of their systematic persecution and purging, based entirely upon their status as Arabs, and coupled with explicit statements of intent by leaders in the Israeli government and military, leaves no room for doubt.”
-from New Republic
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
David
Been liked: 54 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

Interesting article but he lost me with the fruit fly analogy.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

The first of a two part series which chronicles the history of Palestine from 1948 to now. This is the history that is being systematically covered up by the Western media and the US-NATO axis. Their endorsement of genocide rests upon the "right of Isreal to defend itself" against "evil incarnate" in the form of Hamas terrorists, according to their narrative. But when this history is disseminated widely and broadly understood, the fascists in the Israeli government and their enablers in the US/European governments, will start to fear that one day they may well be held accountable for their monstrous crimes.

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2023/1 ... t-n02.html
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

18 500 people from Gaza who were working in Israel at the time of the Hamas incursion (October 7) have been forced to return to the devastated enclave by the Israeli government. (In other words, we can't kill you here in Israel, so we need to move you to where we can kill you).
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

Anyone else seen the embarrassing "evidence" Netanyahoo used to prove Hamas is using the hospital as its HQ?

Shame so many Israeli sheeple are so indoctrinated that they lap this up.
slangman
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by slangman »

As this stretches into a fourth week it seems that there is no end in sight imho.
The stance that most people and organisations have taken has been predictable and the narrative that they have pursued has been along the ideological lines.
In the VPT posters have quoted as credible fact the figures given by Gaza government sources whilst calling out as propaganda anything that Israel has provided regarding atrocities and death numbers.
It’s bloody frustrating to read so much bias and as someone who has no grievance nor association with any of the groups involved, it’s getting harder and harder to ascertain what the actual truth is.
At the end of it all it’s the usual innocent civilians who become the cannon fodder and bear all the death and trauma of the narcissistic leaders of both sides.

As a side note, for personal reasons i don’t have much faith in the UN human rights commissioner or department in being impartial.
- Side By Side -
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

^ you only have to open your eyes to see Israel's reaction is over the top and resulting is mass civilian fatalities.

As was mentioned this morning, if Hamas was hiding in ambulances in amongst a convoy of ambulances carrying Isaeli casualties, would they still attack the convoy and accept loss on innocent Israeli lives?
David
Been liked: 54 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange