Trade Winds: Bailey Smith

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

SLORT
Has liked: 248 times
Been liked: 145 times

Trade Winds: Bailey Smith

Post by SLORT »

WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

As I understand it, there's nothing particularly unusual about players training with those from other teams when overseas. Hell, some go into business with players from other teams.

That being said, I don't mind the idea that Bayley Smith is attracted to Collingwood. I reckon he would thrive under Fly (with absolutely no evidence to back up that assertion).
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ Whether he comes or not, it's probably stressing the daylights out of management at the Western Oval. After paying Naughton about 120 billion dollars on a 40-year contract, they're going to look a bit stupid if eveyione else (except Treloar, of course) leaves.
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

It's just a wet dream.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
piffdog
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by piffdog »

Have business interests together off field - so lets not get too carried away...

https://www.nationaltribune.com.au/barr ... a-is-here/
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 185 times

Re: "Bailey Smith to train with Nick Daicos"

Post by LaurieHolden »

SLORT wrote:https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/bailey-smith-in-amazing-nick-daicos-development-c-12397756
Can't expect much in the off-season re article depth, but surely any media group can use their resources to put a better article and insight together than this? (Emma Quayle used to do a good job of off-season insights)

Business partners? Nothing in the article other than they share brand sponsorships with Monster.
Looks like a sponsored junket by Monster to me.
With 1/4 of a cup or 13 teaspoons of sugar per can, there's a good chance Nick Daicos has never consumed a can. Hardly the brew of an elite athlete.
Smith is in the midst of a “pretty big” off-season
Well knock me down with a feather...
The footballers, who are business partners and share a sponsor in Monster Energy, will visit the NBA’s Brooklyn Nets and take in some MMA training.
Last time I checked Monster was owned by Coca Cola.

If I was a young journo, I'd have struck a deal with these two and make a journal / diary over the off-season to look at what exactly their pre-season training regime / diet encompasses.
Otherwise, they missed the opportunity to delve into the pre-season training regime of arguably the highest profile youngsters in the comp.
Blend it in with some draftees, 150 gamers like JDG or Mihocek and veterans like Pendles and Sidey, there's your clicks in the off-season.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Piethagoras' Theorem
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Not sure we're winners here, if either rubs off on the other. Short term at least, until he gets here in 25 :)
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

Imagine if the Mullet rubbed off on Nick. Get a perm and he'd look like his Dad back in the 80's. :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
piedys
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by piedys »

stui magpie wrote:^

Imagine if the Mullet rubbed off on Nick. Get a perm and he'd look like his Dad back in the 80's. :wink:
Yep from circa 1986-1992, the Daicos mullet outlasted them all.
But the perm - 1983 perhaps?
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever