The not drafting or trading for James Stewart

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Presti35
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by Presti35 »

LaurieHolden wrote:Do I recall correctly James had a go at the Club for not drafting him / upsetting his HSC year?
This is true.

At the time there were plenty of P'd of people.

Unlike Liam Picken who didnt want to be a father-son recruit. He ended up being a good player and had a great GF in 2016.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

Stewart isn't a sliding doors moment, letting Keeffe go cost us the 2018 flag when we were down to an aging undersized Goldsack on Kennedy for the GF.
Flagpies
npalm
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by npalm »

Presti35 wrote: you're only allowed one redhead per club.
I did not know that. But the rationale for that rule is both obvious and sensible.
Side by side.
piedys
Has liked: 351 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by piedys »

Kingsofclutch wrote:Stewart isn't a sliding doors moment, letting Keeffe go cost us the 2018 flag when we were down to an aging undersized Goldsack on Kennedy for the GF.
Yup; the only person Buckley has to blame for not being a premiership coach [and arguably still in the chair], is Buckley himself.

Now we no longer have: Keeffe, Madge, Kelly or even Stewart as reserve KPDs
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
K
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

Presti35 wrote:...
Agree. Ed Richards would be one I'd like to have. But we currently have Noble and you're only allowed one redhead per club.
Dunno if (R)Ed would accept Noble into the redhead club...
Presti35
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by Presti35 »

^
You've heard of 50 shades of grey, now get ready for 50 shades of red.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
K
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

P35, I feel a book deal comin' on. Wanna co-author??

Presti35 wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:Do I recall correctly James had a go at the Club for not drafting him / upsetting his HSC year?
This is true.

At the time there were plenty of P'd off people.
Sounds like Stewart's not afraid to whinge publicly. But just 'cos you're a whinger doesn't mean there's nothing to whinge about!

Stewart (on his delisting):

"There was no forewarning...

"I got pulled into a meeting before the last round of the season and had a discussion.

"I knew I was leaving my run late but I was pulled into a meeting and they said this decision has been made.

"I said I would have hoped to have your backing but I will roll up and prove you wrong.

"I have been in this industry long enough to know not many of us get a Joel Selwood-style ending, but at the same time I think it could have been handled better.

I was only just coming out of the mental fog of everything I have been through."

(quoted by J. Ralph, Hun)