Israeli–Palestinian conflict

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Keir Starmer's leadership of the Labor Party in Britain is now under threat because of his open support for war crimes committed by Israel. He declard on national radio that Israel has the right to cut off fuel, food and water to 2.2 million in Gaza, as an act of legitimate self-defence. This provoked a firestorm on Twitter in which Keir was condemned and reviled as complicit with war crimes. Labor councillors are resigning, and not all of them are Muslim. An open letter from Muslim councillors, doctors, lawyers and other professionals has been signed by thousands, declaring that if Starmer does not withdraw his commentsd, the entire Muslim population in Britain will not vote for Labor in the coming election. The Muslim vote is very significant to Labor's electoral prospects.
British politics are spiralling out of control as both parties, the Tories and Labor, are despised by the population.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Australian government lining up behind Biden, affirming Israel's absurd lying narrative that it is not responsible for the bombing of the hospital in Gaza resulting in 500 civilians losing their lives.
Australian government is a pathetic, miserable little lap dog of US imperialism, barking in shrill tones exactly what the US government tells it to.
The Albanese government is complicit in war crimes.
The destruction in the hospital was no doubt caused by an airburst munition, which radiates out a pressure air wave of immense force. Hence, the devastation produced at the hospital showed the compressed rooves of cars and immense damage over a large area, without any impact crater. Neither Hamas nor Islamic Jihad (another group apparently active in Gaza) possess such weapons. Naturally Israel does, courteousy of the US government. Two days prior to the bombing, the Israeli military telephoned the head of the hospital and told him that he must evacuate because the Israel airforce intended to target it. Clearly, the Israeli government then proceeded to do what it threatened.
It is to be noted that the attack on this hospital was the largest of 136 previous attacks on hospitals and medical workers by Israel since the bombardment began.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Magpietothemax wrote:Keir Starmer's leadership of the Labor Party in Britain is now under threat because of his open support for war crimes committed by Israel. He declard on national radio that Israel has the right to cut off fuel, food and water to 2.2 million in Gaza, as an act of legitimate self-defence. This provoked a firestorm on Twitter in which Keir was condemned and reviled as complicit with war crimes. Labor councillors are resigning, and not all of them are Muslim. An open letter from Muslim councillors, doctors, lawyers and other professionals has been signed by thousands, declaring that if Starmer does not withdraw his commentsd, the entire Muslim population in Britain will not vote for Labor in the coming election. The Muslim vote is very significant to Labor's electoral prospects.
British politics are spiralling out of control as both parties, the Tories and Labor, are despised by the population.
The last leader was in trouble because he was considered to be anti-Jewish, wasn't he? Probably the UK Labour Party should just reffrain from discussing anything to dlo with the Middle East because it simply does not know how not to %$^ up on the topic
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Pies4shaw wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:Keir Starmer's leadership of the Labor Party in Britain is now under threat because of his open support for war crimes committed by Israel. He declard on national radio that Israel has the right to cut off fuel, food and water to 2.2 million in Gaza, as an act of legitimate self-defence. This provoked a firestorm on Twitter in which Keir was condemned and reviled as complicit with war crimes. Labor councillors are resigning, and not all of them are Muslim. An open letter from Muslim councillors, doctors, lawyers and other professionals has been signed by thousands, declaring that if Starmer does not withdraw his commentsd, the entire Muslim population in Britain will not vote for Labor in the coming election. The Muslim vote is very significant to Labor's electoral prospects.
The last leader was in trouble because he was considered to be anti-Jewish, wasn't he? Probably the UK Labour Party should just reffrain from discussing anything to dlo with the Middle East because it simply does not know how not to %$^$%^&%% up on the topic
Corbyn was the victim of a witch hunt conducted by extreme right wing elements who wanted to extirpate any left wing tendencies within the Labor Party. Corbyn and others in his faction were declared to be anti-Semitic because they did not give blanket support to the Zionist regime's crimes. However, rather than fight this witch hunt, Corbyn chose to lamely capitulate to it. The result: the Labor party is now led by Starmer, a former international human rights lawyer who is prepared to repudiate all his previous "principles", and endorse international war crimes, in order to comply with the geopolitical interests of British imperialism.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

Yeah, ok. Sorry I spoke.
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

Pies4shaw wrote:Yeah, ok. Sorry I spoke.
Sorry P4Shaw. I did not at mean at all to say you were wrong or stop you from speaking.
I don't know why you said that actually.
As you can see, I am passionate about politics, and like to say what I know. But if you disagree, I would like to hear that too.
Sorry if you thought otherwise. This is a discussion board after all!!
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
slangman
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by slangman »

For those on here that are siding or supporting the Palestinians remember that Hamas beheaded children this week.
Let that sink in for a second.

I know that some of you will point out the bombing of the hospital but that would not have happened if Hamas were not barbaric Neanderthals.

I’m not staking my flag to either of the sides, but FMD that makes me sick to the stomach.
- Side By Side -
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

I think we should be able to agree that the combatants on both sides are (or are directed by, or both) "barbaric Neanderthals". Playing a couple of rounds of "my genocidal atrocity is not so bad as your genocidal atrocity" doesn't really have much appeal. One cannot actually weigh "cutting off the heads of children" in one hand against "blowing up a hospital" in the other. It's all awful. One also needs to accept that, once genocidal maniacs are involved, the scope and range of atrocities depends upon available technology and the art of the possible, not whether any of them have some imaginary line, beyond which they won't go, that makes them better (or, at least, less worse) than any of the others.
slangman

Post by slangman »

^ i agree both sides have committed barbaric atrocities but beheading children is something that i cannot reconcile.
That is not the act of just pushing a button, or lowering a mortar into the launcher. This is human to human interaction, looking into the eyes of the child whose life you are just about to end. That to me is beyond comprehension and without trivialising the other things that happen in war, this is the most disgusting and barbaric imho.
There is a special place in hell for the perpetrators of this nature.
- Side By Side -
David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
slangman

Post by slangman »

I really hope that it is false.
- Side By Side -
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

slangman wrote:^ i agree both sides have committed barbaric atrocities but beheading children is something that i cannot reconcile.
That is not the act of just pushing a button, or lowering a mortar into the launcher. This is human to human interaction, looking into the eyes of the child whose life you are just about to end. That to me is beyond comprehension and without trivialising the other things that happen in war, this is the most disgusting and barbaric imho.
There is a special place in hell for the perpetrators of this nature.
So, not wanting to be cute about this but which barbaric atrocities can one reconcile? I ask because I think that's the nub of the problem. If only some such acts are viewed as completely unacceptable or beyond the pale, that inevitably leads to a taking of sides, doesn't it?
Culprit
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by Culprit »

Israel must see the only solution as genocide which is very ironic. There will never be peace in the Middle East as not one party agrees with the other. Hamas kills innocent people and the response is to kill innocent people. I'm 60 and nothing has changed in my lifetime and I doubt it ever will.
stui magpie
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

Yeah, the status quo doesn't work, hasn't from the start.

Whatever happens next is going to involve a lot of people dying, most of them innocent. The only thing to hope for is that out of all that suffering and death, things change and some lasting peace can happen.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.