Farewell #33 Jack Ginnivan

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ Which is precisely why people shouldn't be so critical of him wanting to get to a new home. The guy kicked 40 goals last year, so we've recruited in successive off-seaons two guys who have never done that. There's a message and Jack's taken it. That's all.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Mr Miyagi wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:^ Well, now Jack's gone, we can get back to worrying about who is going to f-up in the off-season this year. It's not even November, yet. If I were a gambler, I'd be framing a market on the prospects of one or two of them staying out of trouble and focused two off-seasons in a row.
We just traded the one who’d f up. ;)
Jordan says "Hi".
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 180 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Pies4shaw wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:^ Well, now Jack's gone, we can get back to worrying about who is going to f-up in the off-season this year. It's not even November, yet. If I were a gambler, I'd be framing a market on the prospects of one or two of them staying out of trouble and focused two off-seasons in a row.
Jordan says "Hi".
Nah Jordy’s a good boy now. It’s his dog who’ll get in trouble.
think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 100 times

Post by think positive »

bang bang LOL!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Pies2016
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 164 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Remember the fuss from some when we traded away Treloar, Stephenson and Phillips for next to nothing. Apparently we were a rabble, a laughing stock and a club that no one would ever want to play for again.
Remember only 12 months ago, we moved Grundy on and once again, according to some, we were a joke and an embarrassment of a club to support. We were so bad, we were even paying clubs to take players. Remember, at the same time, we got in all these nobody’s, hacks and overrated hasbeens to top up our list.
What doesn’t need reminding, is 12 months later, we won the flag. Under Wright and Fly this club has already proven it doesn’t make many mistakes. Once we accept and embrace the fact the club knows a hell of a lot more than what the supporters know, then accepting the Ginnivan trade should become more manageable to all. By all means, it’s a supporters right to be pissed off with particular trade outcomes but let’s at least give the trade time to play out before supporters set out to criticise the club yet again. We won our last flag only three weeks ago on the back of some very bold trading decisions. I see no apparent reason to believe all of a sudden, the same people in charge can’t continue to make the right calls during this period either.
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 93 times

Post by shawthing »

TOP POST!
think positive

Post by think positive »

100%%%%%
Podpicken

Post by Podpicken »

Pies4shaw wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
Jordan says "Hi".
Stevenson says "Hi".
Will go down the same path. Lazy footballer, talented yes, but lack of contested possession. Goes missing. Good luck Ginni. I imagine this will be a great decision by the reigning premiers.
Billy Picken, the great No. 25 in the sky!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Piethagoras' Theorem wrote:Just saw on fox, Graham Wright said that Ginnivan requested a trade and took the club by surprise. Didn't seem too impressed by it either

AS they say in the classics the plot thickens. Good mate of mine, knows a source close to the Club, who said things did indeed, get "messy" at the Premiership celebration party. It did involve Jack, a video, and a player, and the other players were furious with him,not happy at all. Then there was an incident with Fly, an insult, so that was that for Jack, he went a bridge too far this time. This explains Wrights "hes required contract player" to his 180 degree turn around, TWO days later, and Jack, gonski. It was not just footy related, more game time etc. Seems Jack is an immature clown, who went too far this time. So, upshot is . now hes Mitchells clown, and Mitchell does not have a farthing of the patience Fly had with Jacks indiscretions and shenanigans. Jack may yet find himself doing time with the Box Hill Hawks, unless he really changes his ways. I really liked Jack, sorry to see him leave, but the Club comes first, unity, player unity, for sure. He will always be a Collingwood Premiership player , a rare honour indeed.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
orie
Been liked: 2 times

ginnevan

Post by orie »

Piesnchess wrote:
Piethagoras' Theorem wrote:Just saw on fox, Graham Wright said that Ginnivan requested a trade and took the club by surprise. Didn't seem too impressed by it either

AS they say in the classics the plot thickens. Good mate of mine, knows a source close to the Club, who said things did indeed, get "messy" at the Premiership celebration party. It did involve Jack, a video, and a player, and the other players were furious with him,not happy at all. Then there was an incident with Fly, an insult, so that was that for Jack, he went a bridge too far this time. This explains Wrights "hes required contract player" to his 180 degree turn around, TWO days later, and Jack, gonski. It was not just footy related, more game time etc. Seems Jack is an immature clown, who went too far this time. So, upshot is . now hes Mitchells clown, and Mitchell does not have a farthing of the patience Fly had with Jacks indiscretions and shenanigans. Jack may yet find himself doing time with the Box Hill Hawks, unless he really changes his ways. I really liked Jack, sorry to see him leave, but the Club comes first, unity, player unity, for sure. He will always be a Collingwood Premiership player , a rare honour indeed.
I loved Ginni and always stuck up for him with one and all for everything , even his pre GF outing.
I am really peeved that he has chosen to go. I felt like he was taking the easy way out instead of proving he could be so much more and to fight for his place in the team. His team mates that he won a premiership with.

All this talk re a video is very disturbing. Does anyone think there is some truth to this..?? where was it posted?
'MADE IT LEGENDARY'
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 180 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Anyone have a mini heart attack at the news this morning of the drug suspension! Melbourne player thankfully!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Anyone have a mini heart attack at the news this morning of the drug suspension! Melbourne player thankfully!

May ?? "Smokin" something else, not a whinging Magpies Premiership ?? :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive

Re: ginnevan

Post by think positive »

orie wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

I loved Ginni and always stuck up for him with one and all for everything , even his pre GF outing.
I am really peeved that he has chosen to go. I felt like he was taking the easy way out instead of proving he could be so much more and to fight for his place in the team. His team mates that he won a premiership with.

All this talk re a video is very disturbing. Does anyone think there is some truth to this..?? where was it posted?
its on x, formally known as twitter, i didnt look too hard, just watched the first one i found, girls face was blurred out, you cant see the males face at all. regardless who it is its really a shitty thing to do if it wasnt staged, but if it wasnt staged gees, it was a really dumb thing to do where you could get caught!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Piesnchess wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:Anyone have a mini heart attack at the news this morning of the drug suspension! Melbourne player thankfully!

May ?? "Smokin" something else, not a whinging Magpies Premiership ?? :o
oh boy!
https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/d ... c-12252781