Farewell #33 Jack Ginnivan

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 162 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

stui magpie wrote:After meeting with Hawthorn and being offered 3-4 years, they want back to Wright and didn't request a trade, but said along the lines of Ginni is happy to stay but if they can do a deal with Hawthorn he's happy to be traded. And so it was.
Like you, I'm sorry to see him go. The explanation you've given above is about right, by the looks of it. He certainly didn't "walk out" or "hold the club to ransom" or any of those things. He plainly got told he would struggle for a game. He can scarcely be blamed for offering to go if a deal could be done. I'm certainly not criticising the recruiting but Collingwood didn't have to bring in Schultz, so it's the usual situation - the club concerned (us, anybody else - it's all the same stuff on different days) isn't that loyal to the player but then many of us seem to expect absolute fealty from the player.
jonmac1954
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

Pies4shaw wrote:
stui magpie wrote:After meeting with Hawthorn and being offered 3-4 years, they want back to Wright and didn't request a trade, but said along the lines of Ginni is happy to stay but if they can do a deal with Hawthorn he's happy to be traded. And so it was.
Like you, I'm sorry to see him go. The explanation you've given above is about right, by the looks of it. He certainly didn't "walk out" or "hold the club to ransom" or any of those things. He plainly got told he would struggle for a game. He can scarcely be blamed for offering to go if a deal could be done. I'm certainly not criticising the recruiting but Collingwood didn't have to bring in Schultz, so it's the usual situation - the club concerned (us, anybody else - it's all the same stuff on different days) isn't that loyal to the player but then many of us seem to expect absolute fealty from the player.
There is another aspect to be considered.

Having the best list possible at any given time - this is the obligation the club has to us the supporters.

Ignoring the age and experience difference Shultz is a huge upgrade.

Perhaps if Shultz hadn't declared he wanted to come to us this might not have happened this year. But as soon as he declared he became that much more valuable and so a deal was done.
Boot
Been liked: 10 times

Post by Boot »

I'm sad to see Ginni cleared to Hawthorn.
He's a marvelously gifted natural footballer who should develop his physical capabilities further over the next couple of years to enhance his footy smarts.
Hopefully the arrival of Shultz and development of youngster's such as Carmichael, Macrae, Mxinnes and Allan offset the loss of Ginnivan and Adams from or list next year.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

He is too slow for our fast slingshot footy.
Had great quick hands and a mean goal sense.
Bye Jack.
Footy is a meat market and you went for the money
Fair call on Jack's part
makri
Been liked: 2 times

Post by makri »

In McRae /Wrighty we trust.
BazBoy
Been liked: 40 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

This is Grundy Mk.2. An opposition club who think they are getting a good deal but they havent seen the downside yet. Remember umpires aren't down on him because he was Collingwood, but because he boasted about cheating to get free kicks. They aren't going to forget that. I wouldn't be surprised if he will be off to the Gold Coast in two years.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by ANNODAM »

The Hawks are salivating, I just hope it doesn’t come back to bite us.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 185 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

ANNODAM wrote:The Hawks are salivating, I just hope it doesn’t come back to bite us.
Where does it say this?
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
jonmac1954
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

ANNODAM wrote:The Hawks are salivating, I just hope it doesn’t come back to bite us.
More likely bite them - Ginni is a talented footballer with a footy brain but is heedless and reckless.
Frankly I'm sorry to see him go but he will be forever playing with the umpiring handicap and unless he settles down will continue to be in the media for all the wrong reasons.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

think positive wrote:Phil locked the boo thread

yes, if I feel its warranted I will boo the **** out of the gutless punk!

boo for a duck,
boo for a goal,
boo for a cheap shot,
-nah he's not brave enough for that,
booo ****!

he wanted to go,
he had a year left to fight for his spot.
he read the room and stuck his finger up at it.
well **** you too Jack!
When he gets his first touch, a free kick for too high in front of goal, it’ll be louder than West Coast at Optus!!!!
uncanny
Been liked: 12 times

Post by uncanny »

well done Jack on your significant achievements
at Collingwood, particularly last year.
hoping you go well with the hawks
except whenever you play the pies
woodsmen rule
Piesnchess
Has liked: 229 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Piesnchess »

FEAR NOT. as we pick over the entrails of Ginnis hasty and abrupt exit, as we speak , CARO IS ON THE JOB, SHE WILL NOT REST, UNTIL SHE GETS TO THE BOTTOM OF THE REAL REASON HES LEFT. The one the Club wont reveal too us.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

piffdog wrote:Thanks for the contribution to our club. Probably a better highlight reel for a 20 year old than most, but we move on.

I don’t think we have too many who go and play their best on the other side, so we’ll see what he can do from here.
A good highlight reel for a 19 year old.

He sucked last year as a 20 year old.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

mattdally wrote:Using the Draft Value Index with repeats of this year's ladder, Collingwood is getting the approx. value of Pick 21 for Jack Ginnivan.
What’s the value if Collingwood finish 4th and Hawthorn 8th?