Farewell #33 Jack Ginnivan

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

derkd
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by derkd »

As I called at the start of trade period, Fly's whack post grand final sounded like he was out the door.

Obviously Wright and the list team won't advertise publicly they want him out the door...it would destroy his value at the trade table.

SEN have just reported the Pies are now willing to entertain a trade for him:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/10/17/ ... de-period/

Obviously not a fait accompli he is gone...it requires an interested party. But my money is on him being gone 5 mins to the close of trade period. Will be done late.

Future first rounder would be nice.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
mattdally
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Post by mattdally »

I don't believe anything until the deal is done.
But there are rumours flying all over the net which I won't discuss that, if true, would be the end of his days as a Pies player.
piffdog
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by piffdog »

Laurie - trade period closes tomorrow and this thread has just burst back to life…

I’d take a hawks future first rounder for Jack…
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
jonmac1954
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

derkd wrote:As I called at the start of trade period, Fly's whack post grand final sounded like he was out the door.

Obviously Wright and the list team won't advertise publicly they want him out the door...it would destroy his value at the trade table.

SEN have just reported the Pies are now willing to entertain a trade for him:

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/10/17/ ... de-period/

Obviously not a fait accompli he is gone...it requires an interested party. But my money is on him being gone 5 mins to the close of trade period. Will be done late.

Future first rounder would be nice.
He would be a good get for the Hawks and they have a future second available.
Interesting times.
Jamie is only 19
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Jamie is only 19 »

Likely off to the Hawks for pick 33
Smells like Pies Spirit
derkd

Post by derkd »

piffdog wrote:Laurie - trade period closes tomorrow and this thread has just burst back to life…

I’d take a hawks future first rounder for Jack…

Be a massive win if we could land it. Likely a pick in the top 10.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
blackandwhite4life

Post by blackandwhite4life »

We've been spoilt with so much good news lately as Pies fans.

This would be bad news, especially if he leaves for anything less than a first round pick.
Hearing the 'Black & White Army' roar is the greatest sound in the world.
jonmac1954
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

Jamie is only 19 wrote:Likely off to the Hawks for pick 33
Hawks also have a future second available.
think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by think positive »

no no no no no
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
piffdog
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by piffdog »

I’m being reminded that we only ever have half the information (at best) as punters on the outside…

There’s been plenty of prosecution on this thread both in favour of keeping or letting Jack go, but I do wonder if there were another whole set of facts which would shift that discussion if we (the mugs on the outside) we’re aware?

I don’t know anything myself, but there is a whiff of Jaidyn Stephenson about the kid. Unquestionably his year this year wasn’t as good as last year, but those best placed to judge what his ceiling might be are those at the club.

We might be able to colour in between the lines if we see him move for not much - in my mind that will suggest they want him gone because they can’t see the benefits of what he could bring outweighing whatever baggage comes with. Unlike Jordy, he hasn’t shown enough in my view to have a bottomless bucket of patience - but again, I have no clue what he’s really like either.

Did he not get dropped the morning of game day earlier in the year because he’d been out the night before or something? The races before the grand final might not be hangable, but it does feel like there’s a pattern of behaviour and there would almost certainly be more instances that people are aware of privately.

We’ll know more in just over 24 hours I suppose!
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Presti35
Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 187 times

Post by Presti35 »

Didnt Brandon Ryan kick 3 against us in round 21? 25 years old, 200cm KEY FORWARD. :wink: Otherwise Connor Nash or Will Day. :lol:

Pick 33 would be a crap return.

Bit torn by this news that he's likely gone. He's a crowd fave. Have had many debates about him in the last 2 years. He will never be as good as Dale Thomas. But he's been a real firecracker.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

How about we benefit from the below factors:

* He is under contract
* He is a required player
* he and Hawks are trying to prise him out of Pies
* premiership player
* 40 goals as a 19 year old

Pay up Hawks!
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Seems like he is "hawking" himself to the Hawks!
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Born to Pie
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Born to Pie »

Ginni and pick 19 to the Hawks, we get their pick 4 in return.
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
derkd

Post by derkd »

piffdog wrote:I’m being reminded that we only ever have half the information (at best) as punters on the outside…

There’s been plenty of prosecution on this thread both in favour of keeping or letting Jack go, but I do wonder if there were another whole set of facts which would shift that discussion if we (the mugs on the outside) we’re aware?

I don’t know anything myself, but there is a whiff of Jaidyn Stephenson about the kid. Unquestionably his year this year wasn’t as good as last year, but those best placed to judge what his ceiling might be are those at the club.

We might be able to colour in between the lines if we see him move for not much - in my mind that will suggest they want him gone because they can’t see the benefits of what he could bring outweighing whatever baggage comes with. Unlike Jordy, he hasn’t shown enough in my view to have a bottomless bucket of patience - but again, I have no clue what he’s really like either.

Did he not get dropped the morning of game day earlier in the year because he’d been out the night before or something? The races before the grand final might not be hangable, but it does feel like there’s a pattern of behaviour and there would almost certainly be more instances that people are aware of privately.

We’ll know more in just over 24 hours I suppose!

I got to be honest, I don't get the hype around Ginnivan...had an okay year last year...good start and then faded.

Was really lucky to be a premiership player ..if we are being honest.. had Adams or Johnson been available i doubt he would have played. He also didn't really play very well.

I am (unlike other here) not a fan of his attitude. I find him brash.... and has been an off feild distraction at times. So from my point of view, if we can get a good return. I am more than happy for the club to trade him.
Last edited by derkd on Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.