Farewell #33 Jack Ginnivan

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

GW just said he's taken no phone calls for Ginny and the club isn't asking for any.
Flagpies
jonmac1954
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

Kingsofclutch wrote:GW just said he's taken no phone calls for Ginny and the club isn't asking for any.
Can't ask better than that.

The ball's in your court Ginni all ya gotta do is grab it.
think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by think positive »

jonmac1954 wrote:Yeah Shultzy landing at the Pies should be a huge wake up call for Ginni.

He has a footy brain and is therefore a valuable commodity but he has to demonstrate to the club his commitment to his career.

I await the end of the off season with baited breath.

If he comes back in the same condition he did this year . . . .

He may get his papers stamped and that would be a huge shame.
totally agree,

Let’s see how hungry he is
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 134 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Let's not forget that after being dropped to the magoos mid season, even Fly said that he became the best trainer at the club. That showed he can certainly knuckle down and improve. The only real issue, as far as I can tell, is some concern about his off-field behaviours. Hopefully, he grows up quick smart. If he does that, there's no reason why he can't become a 10 yr and multiple Premiership player for the Pies.
think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by think positive »

RudeBoy wrote:Let's not forget that after being dropped to the magoos mid season, even Fly said that he became the best trainer at the club. That showed he can certainly knuckle down and improve. The only real issue, as far as I can tell, is some concern about his off-field behaviours. Hopefully, he grows up quick smart. If he does that, there's no reason why he can't become a 10 yr and multiple Premiership player for the Pies.
agree, just hopefully he doesn’t let the premiership go to his head, and he has a short break and then trains the house down.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
K
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by K »

[quote="lazzadesilva"]... I still grieve over the fact that Collingwood let fabulous Phil Carman go
Last edited by K on Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jonmac1954

Post by jonmac1954 »

RudeBoy wrote:Let's not forget that after being dropped to the magoos mid season, even Fly said that he became the best trainer at the club. That showed he can certainly knuckle down and improve. The only real issue, as far as I can tell, is some concern about his off-field behaviours. Hopefully, he grows up quick smart. If he does that, there's no reason why he can't become a 10 yr and multiple Premiership player for the Pies.
Yes he has that smarts we need hopefully Fly, Jacqui and the leadership group can guide him through the hazardous waters of youth.
K

Post by K »

warburton lad wrote:...
Consider all of the facts about this lad-

* he is a very good set shot for goal
* he clearly gets under the skin of opponents
* the Magpie Army lift when he gets around the play
* leading into the Grand Final he had limited minutes from being a sub
Err... WL, gotta say, respectfully, that's a strange list.

1] Aarghh... Don't remind me 'bout his foolish decision to kick around the corner instead of go the drop punt!!
2] So?
3] So? The MA should support every player that much, right?!
4] Well, Coach didn't think he was playing well enough to start...
K

Post by K »

eddiesmith wrote:
K wrote:
eddiesmith wrote: First Rd pick is the minimum for a required and contracted player like Ginni with proven big game performances.
No club would ever give that. Top 10(ish) pick is the compo for star key forwards!
Well given we just gave up a first and second round pick for a small forward, yeah, I’d definitely be not taking anything less than a first rounder for Ginni.
I'll have to find the AFL points calculator to see what Freo's booty comes to. Surely not a top-10 pick, right??

I mean, when Big Joe went to Brissy, Essendon got pick 7. Not many folks are gonna say Jack is worth the same as Big Joe.
Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

Massive off season coming up for him, it would be so easy to take your foot off the pedal with a flag under your belt and under the pump all year, be pretty impressive if he comes back ripped.
Flagpies
jonmac1954

Post by jonmac1954 »

Kingsofclutch wrote:Massive off season coming up for him, it would be so easy to take your foot off the pedal with a flag under your belt and under the pump all year, be pretty impressive if he comes back ripped.
Yes it would be impressive and that's exactly what he needs to do.
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Moving year for Ginni, the mangle a golfing phrase; really needs to put in a good one this off season...and it goes without saying that means the Charlie Sheen is well out!

To be fair, off field discretions notwithstanding, he is on a similar trajectory to Josh Daicos, who had a few up and down years before settling
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

K wrote:
eddiesmith wrote: Well given we just gave up a first and second round pick for a small forward, yeah, I’d definitely be not taking anything less than a first rounder for Ginni.
I'll have to find the AFL points calculator to see what Freo's booty comes to. Surely not a top-10 pick, right??

I mean, when Big Joe went to Brissy, Essendon got pick 7. Not many folks are gonna say Jack is worth the same as Big Joe.
There’s your problem, you’re trying to compare free agency to trades.

If Joe Daniher was traded they’d have got a lot more. If Schultz as a free agent, Freo would have got a third round pick.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

jonmac1954 wrote: Yes it would be impressive and that's exactly what he needs to do.
I agree. I don''t think we will be seeing any preseason scandals from Ginni this time around.
I have faith in the kid, and in the club's mentoring of him.
We want to keep this kid because he has a rare quality which fires up both the Magpie Army (not a small thing), and also the team itself. You don't just throw that away without first doing everything you can to keep it.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Ginnivan to Hawthorn likely

Post by inxs88 »

Take it to the bank. Reports emerging.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum