Time to get #42 back on the field

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 199 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Leave it well alone I think. Wasn't Millane's number 42 guernsey buried with him?
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Piesnchess
Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Up to his family, but I reckon if Pants himself could have a say from the afterlife, he would be rapt to see some young talented kid like Bobby Hill, or Jack Ginni, wearing No. 42 again. Just saying.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Gerry Cooper

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Piesnchess wrote:Up to his family, but I reckon if Pants himself could have a say from the afterlife, he would be rapt to see some young talented kid like Bobby Hill, or Jack Ginni, wearing No. 42 again. Just saying.
Its also a hell of a burden to put on a young kid's back.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Presti35
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by Presti35 »

Zai Millane (Gold Coast Suns Academy player and Darrens nephew) is the only chance we see this number return.

But 1. Is he good enough to be drafted?

And 2. Theres complications with academy picks and the chance he could end up anywhere even if the Suns dont get him.

Height: 188cm. Weight: 75kg. D.O.B: 13-01-2006. https://www.playhq.com/public/profile/5 ... tenant=afl

2024 will be his draft year.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Gerry Cooper wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:Up to his family, but I reckon if Pants himself could have a say from the afterlife, he would be rapt to see some young talented kid like Bobby Hill, or Jack Ginni, wearing No. 42 again. Just saying.

So was putting NO. 35 onto young Nick, prior to not having played a single match. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Gerry Cooper

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Piesnchess wrote:
Gerry Cooper wrote:

So was putting NO. 35 onto young Nick, prior to not having played a single match. :o
Nick gets a different sort of pressure I think but support too, given the family connection. Anyone wearing 42 gets the pressure of expectation plus (I hate to say it) its a dead man's number and that's complex too. I'm not sure about it but in First Nation's culture would that cause some distress? I would be interested to hear.

If you want to give a kid a number to encourage them - try Albert Collier's number 7. He's a great example for any kid to follow - A Brownlow, 3 Copelands and six premierships.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 185 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Nice touch, whomever did this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Presti35
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by Presti35 »

Presti35 wrote:Zai Millane (Gold Coast Suns Academy player and Darrens nephew) is the only chance we see this number return.

But 1. Is he good enough to be drafted?

And 2. Theres complications with academy picks and the chance he could end up anywhere even if the Suns dont get him.

Height: 188cm. Weight: 75kg. D.O.B: 13-01-2006. https://www.playhq.com/public/profile/5 ... tenant=afl

2024 will be his draft year.
I will be keeping an eye on any news regarding Zai this year. I hope he is good enough to at least be rookie drafted. Wouldnt it be something if he ended up on our list.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!