Best quality GF recording

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

npalm
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by npalm »

Magpie Russ wrote:Should buy the Blu-Ray. Or wait and see if a 4K version will be released. Can I ask - does it feature different commentary options? E.g. 3AW, SEN etc
No, it appears to be the channel 7 commentary only.
Side by side.
mightypies90
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by mightypies90 »

npalm wrote:
Magpie Russ wrote:Should buy the Blu-Ray. Or wait and see if a 4K version will be released. Can I ask - does it feature different commentary options? E.g. 3AW, SEN etc
No, it appears to be the channel 7 commentary only.
Buy Blu-ray it’s 1080p. Much better quality. You will need a Blu-ray player.
The artist formerly known as schuey7.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 228 times
Been liked: 92 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Interesting, the mods have deleted my comment on the Optus set top box recording, versus now old technology, like, do they realise Sanity shut down cos nobody buys CDs and DVDs now, or has that escaped their somewhat antiquated minds. ??
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Raw Hammer »

Wait for the blu-ray release, with alt commentaries and extras
Est. 2002
makri
Been liked: 2 times

Post by makri »

Ripped the best quality stream from the AFL site, that's at 1920 x 1080. Added in 3AW, MMM, SEN & ABC commentaries. Has come up a treat.
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 185 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

makri wrote:Ripped the best quality stream from the AFL site, that's at 1920 x 1080. Added in 3AW, MMM, SEN & ABC commentaries. Has come up a treat.
What have you considered the best commentary? Have you been able to get the continuity aligned?
Last edited by LaurieHolden on Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

You Tube great heaps of content there.
makri
Been liked: 2 times

Post by makri »

LaurieHolden wrote:
makri wrote:Ripped the best quality stream from the AFL site, that's at 1920 x 1080. Added in 3AW, MMM, SEN & ABC commentaries. Has come up a treat.
What have you considered the best commentary? Have you been able to get the continuity aligned?
Haven't sat down and watched it properly yet. With the continuity I reckon I've lined them up pretty much perfectly. I do like the MMM call.

I'd share the file but it's 6.9GB, not sure how I'd do that.
David
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by David »

Piesnchess wrote:Interesting, the mods have deleted my comment on the Optus set top box recording, versus now old technology, like, do they realise Sanity shut down cos nobody buys CDs and DVDs now, or has that escaped their somewhat antiquated minds. ??
lol, settle. You posted it in a different thread, and last I checked it’s still there:

https://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtop ... 82#2174882

You’re welcome to send your apology to the mods via fax machine.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 199 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Piesnchess wrote:Interesting, the mods have deleted my comment on the Optus set top box recording, versus now old technology, like, do they realise Sanity shut down cos nobody buys CDs and DVDs now, or has that escaped their somewhat antiquated minds. ??
Tell the thousands of EBay stores selling DVDs and Blu rays (And JB Hi Fi) that "nobody buys DVDs and Blu-Rays now" lol.

PS: Sanity still exists. They just morphed into an online retailer.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Piethagoras' Theorem
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

The biggest tragedy was ch7 televising the 2010 draw in HD and then not having the HD cameras available for the replay. It looks like someone smeared vaseline on the screen! Impossible to get a decent copy, unless someone decides to remaster it. Something to consider for anyone in that business as I'm sure they'd get plenty of buyers
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 23 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Bucks5 wrote:DVDs are recorded in Standard Definition 480p.

I will be waiting for the Bluray version (1080p) which is payable on my PS4. This is comparable with Foxtel HD.

If they will release it on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc then it might be worth paying $399 for a player ;)

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/collections/t ... hd-players
You're better off buying an Xbox or PS5 as you get a Bluray players plus gaming console. You can buy a used Xbox One for next to nix,
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
mightypies90

Post by mightypies90 »

makri wrote:
LaurieHolden wrote:
Haven't sat down and watched it properly yet. With the continuity I reckon I've lined them up pretty much perfectly. I do like the MMM call.

I'd share the file but it's 6.9GB, not sure how I'd do that.
You could share with google drive or Dropbox.
mightypies90

Post by mightypies90 »

What'sinaname wrote:
Bucks5 wrote:DVDs are recorded in Standard Definition 480p.

I will be waiting for the Bluray version (1080p) which is payable on my PS4. This is comparable with Foxtel HD.

If they will release it on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc then it might be worth paying $399 for a player ;)

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/collections/t ... hd-players
You're better off buying an Xbox or PS5 as you get a Bluray players plus gaming console. You can buy a used Xbox One for next to nix,
They won’t do a 4K release, only 1080. It’s annoying you think that in today’s age we would only have HD and Ultra HD, but we still have SD TV stations so nothing surprises me.
glasseyevfx
Been liked: 1 time

Post by glasseyevfx »

most modern tvs have an ultra sharp / enhancement option they try and sell you. Different brands call it different things and it's often on by default. Anyhow it can make your favourite movies look like cheap soap opera poo as it takes out all the motion blur. Its a software trick designed to make the image crisper.
Something to keep in mind if your not happy with what your seeing.
We shall set our course by the stars and not ships that pass in the night