Norm Smith Medal

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Piethagoras' Theorem
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 17 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

MagpiesTheGreat wrote:One of Naicos, JDG and Cox.

I hope Cox wins it: that means he marks everything and kicks 8 goals.
I think if either of those 3 get the Norm Smith, the game is well and truly won.

I could see someone like Neale getting it but his team still losing
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
K
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: Norm Smith Medal

Post by K »

inxs88 wrote:If by chance we can claim glory this Saturday against the Lions, who would be your preferred Norm Smith Medalist? ...
Frampton.

Would make the selection decision easier for everyone to accept.
K

Post by K »

'The AFL wishes to advise the judges for the 2023 Norm Smith Medal will be Luke Darcy (Channel Seven, Chair), Eddie Betts (All Australian Selector and Fox Footy), Jude Bolton (All Australian Selector and Triple M), Sarah Olle (AFL.com.au) and Luke Shuey (Retired West Coast Eagles Captain and 2018 Norm Smith Medallist).

As a reminder to all media, the Norm Smith Medal cannot be shared between two players.

In the event of a tie, the tie is broken as follows:
- Number of three votes received
- Number of two votes received
- If still unbroken, votes cast by the Chairperson will break the tie.'
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

K wrote:'The AFL wishes to advise the judges for the 2023 Norm Smith Medal will be Luke Darcy (Channel Seven, Chair), Eddie Betts (All Australian Selector and Fox Footy), Jude Bolton (All Australian Selector and Triple M), Sarah Olle (AFL.com.au) and Luke Shuey (Retired West Coast Eagles Captain and 2018 Norm Smith Medallist).

As a reminder to all media, the Norm Smith Medal cannot be shared between two players.

Charlie Cameron is on 3 votes already.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
Johnno75
Been liked: 45 times

Post by Johnno75 »

JDG for me but expecting Ginni to kick a few goals.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

What nobody expected:

Jack Crisp played the game of his life and won the 2023 Norm Smith medal!
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
woodys_world69
Been liked: 31 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

dalyc wrote:
woodys_world69 wrote:Josh Daicos

lock it in eddie
He’s going to have to lift. It’s been mostly unspoken (maybe it’s just me) but I don’t think Josh has been the same player late in the season as he was earlier. Maybe he’s carrying something.

yeah exactly.... hes Due!
plus they have 2 kids on their wings.... his time is now.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Outstanding recruiting to pick up the Norm Smith Medallist.
K

Post by K »

K wrote:'The AFL wishes to advise the judges for the 2023 Norm Smith Medal will be Luke Darcy (Channel Seven, Chair), Eddie Betts (All Australian Selector and Fox Footy), Jude Bolton (All Australian Selector and Triple M), Sarah Olle (AFL.com.au) and Luke Shuey (Retired West Coast Eagles Captain and 2018 Norm Smith Medallist).

Votes

Darcy: 3 Hill; 2 Nick Daicos; 1 Pendlebury

Betts: 3 Hill; 2 Mitchell; 1 Coleman

Bolton: 3 Hill; 2 Coleman; 1 Mitchell

Olle: 3 Hill; 2 Coleman; 1 Crisp

Shuey: 3 Hill; 2 Nick Daicos; 1 Crips

Totals:

Bobby Hill 15 (out of max. 15)
Keidean Coleman 5
Nick Daicos 4
Tom Mitchell 3
Jack Crisp 2
Scott Pendlebury 1
woodys_world69
Been liked: 31 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

thanks ginnie!

i feel bne defenders had to pay ginnie more attention than they usually do with Pat and mcreery playing defensive forwards which allowed Bobby to get off the leash!

what a story!
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

warburton lad wrote:In 2018, the WCE tagged Sidebottom and Pendlebury out of the game.

On Saturday, Dunkley will tag De Goey leaving Pendlebury and Sidebottom (relatively) untagged.

I think that Sidebottom will relish the freedom and bring home the Norm Smith Medal and a Premiership.

The important award will be 23 Premiership medals to the winning team.
Well you nailed that observation
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Coleman lucky to hang on and get 2nd in the medal. You could throw a blanket over:

* Jack Crisp
* Nick Daicos
* Tom Mitchell

for our 2nd best. Followed by Howe, Pendles and Steele.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
1eyedpie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by 1eyedpie »

inxs88 wrote:Coleman lucky to hang on and get 2nd in the medal. You could throw a blanket over:

* Jack Crisp
* Nick Daicos
* Tom Mitchell

Coleman hardly touched it in the second half ( 4 touches I think) went to water when the heat in the kitchen was turned up.

kept throwing his head back every time he was perfectly tackled but still got one paid to him against Lippa in our fwd pocket even though the tackle wasn’t high.

Very lucky to poll as high as he did as he didn’t really have any influence on the game in my opinion.

Just shows voters are more inclined to look at stats when voting.

To probably get a truer vote look at Luke Shueys votes he knows who had a more influence on the game!
Never disperse your focus unless absolutely necessary. Face one adversary at a time!

BARRACK HARD!
1eyedpie
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by 1eyedpie »

DP
Never disperse your focus unless absolutely necessary. Face one adversary at a time!

BARRACK HARD!
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

1eyedpie wrote:
inxs88 wrote:Coleman lucky to hang on and get 2nd in the medal. You could throw a blanket over:

* Jack Crisp
* Nick Daicos
* Tom Mitchell

Coleman hardly touched it in the second half ( 4 touches I think) went to water when the heat in the kitchen was turned up.

kept throwing his head back every time he was perfectly tackled but still got one paid to him against Lippa in our fwd pocket even though the tackle wasn’t high.

Very lucky to poll as high as he did as he didn’t really have any influence on the game in my opinion.

Just shows voters are more inclined to look at stats when voting.

To probably get a truer vote look at Luke Shueys votes he knows who had a more influence on the game!
Hard agree! Coleman ran out of gas and went missing when it mattered. Got completely shut down. Bobby totally deserved winner but geez, Pendles was so good in that last qtr. I’d honestly award it to one qtr of brilliant footy that won the game than 30+ possessions over four qtrs. Shuey’s votes were accurate, and he looked at players who played brilliant footy when it really mattered rather than stats. I’d even give De Goey a chunk of votes for overcoming Dunkley and getting involved in eight goal assists I think it was. Titch is another who deserved high votes.