Club 5/Legends members - Category GF seat?

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Category?

Category 1
8%
Category 2
8%
Category 3
13%
Category 4
13%
Category 5
21%
Category 6
8%
Category 7
25%
Restricted/Standing Room
4%

Total votes: 24

uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR

Post by uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR »

piffdog wrote:Craig Kelly has come out and said “Ticketek needs to release ticket at the same time it takes the cash” - which I think would greatly assist in this process.

I see the club have also said those 37 P1 members who missed out will be sorted and all P1 members who got standing room will be bumped to seated. So this is the club (IMO) honouring their deal and then some. As for Legends being given access to all the premium seats first - I guess thats a different discussion.

Fortunately neither affect our group but I think that’s a good outcome. I feel like P1 members will have to live with the ballot - but should not be “at risk” of standing room. That would mean that Legends/P1 membership guarantees you not just access to the final but an actual seat. then if you happen to luck out and get category 7 that’s the luck of the draw. (Ps My mum and I got cat 5).
I would suggest it only makes sense that P1 members with a guaranteed GF ticket should have a better seat than any P2 or P3 member,..... No?

AND during registration, why was there an option of 'Any ticket including standing' OR 'Any ticket not including standing'?? What was the purpose of that question?

The ballot registration, the 'trick' question,... It almost feels like they are putting some hoops up for us to jump through in the hope we don't make.
makri
Been liked: 2 times

Post by makri »

Philthypie wrote:Just looked at the Ticketek Account, and there they are: M32 Row U, which is pretty good, but it is so random and ridiculously stressful for all of us. Something has to change NOW!
You will be sitting in the row in front of me
Lone Ranger
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Lone Ranger »

uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR wrote:AND during registration, why was there an option of 'Any ticket including standing' OR 'Any ticket not including standing'?? What was the purpose of that question?

The ballot registration, the 'trick' question,... It almost feels like they are putting some hoops up for us to jump through in the hope we don't make.
Ticketek were supposed to randomly pick people from P1 and allocate the "next best avaialble". That menas Cat 1 seats filled, then Cat 2, then Cat 3, etc, etc..

If you are at the end of people randomly selected from P1 and all the seats are gone and only standing room left, do you want one?
P1 is capped at the minimum allocation Collingwood will get and some of that allocation will be standing room. So the club can only gurantee if you accept standing room.

There were enough seats to cover all P1 this year.

Unfortunately Ticketek botched the ballot and selected random P1 people and then allocated random tickets (instead of Next Best Available). That meant some P1 were allocated standing when there were still seats left.
makri

Post by makri »

Lone Ranger wrote:
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR wrote:AND during registration, why was there an option of 'Any ticket including standing' OR 'Any ticket not including standing'?? What was the purpose of that question?

Ticketek were supposed to randomly pick people from P1 and allocate the "next best avaialble". That menas Cat 1 seats filled, then Cat 2, then Cat 3, etc, etc..

If you are at the end of people randomly selected from P1 and all the seats are gone and only standing room left, do you want one?
P1 is capped at the minimum allocation Collingwood will get and some of that allocation will be standing room. So the club can only gurantee if you accept standing room.

Unfortunately Ticketek botched the ballot and selected random P1 people and then allocated random tickets (instead of Next Best Available). That meant some P1 were allocated standing when there were still seats left.
Ticketek didn't botch anything. The randomisations were done at Collingwood and this info passed on to Ticketek.
buzzlightyear

Post by buzzlightyear »

makri wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:

Ticketek didn't botch anything. The randomisations were done at Collingwood and this info passed on to Ticketek.
Spot on! This is on Collingwood's watch. A work colleague who is a '1' year legends member, received 4 x 'category 1' tickets. Awesome news for him and the family. My father and I are 42 & 35 years legends P1 member, received category 5.
Buzz
Looking for sweet 16.....
Lone Ranger
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Lone Ranger »

Collingwood may well have randomised P1 but then ticketek were supposedd to allocate tickets on "next best avaialble". They didnt, they did random so rather than get next best available seat some people got standing.
Either Ticketek botched it, or Collingwood gave them the wrong instructions.
makri

Post by makri »

Lone Ranger wrote:Collingwood may well have randomised P1 but then ticketek were supposedd to allocate tickets on "next best avaialble". They didnt, they did random so rather than get next best available seat some people got standing.
This was Collingwood's error. 100%. From what I understand Collingwood allocated seating categories to barcode numbers and then this info is passed on to Ticketek.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I'm a 48 yr social club and Legends member, but ended up with restricted viewing seats next to the scoreboard at the back of the top deck, Q1.

The club told me yesterday they would be working to upgrade my seats, but I'm still waiting to hear back from them. Not happy Jan. :twisted:
Presti35
Has liked: 389 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by Presti35 »

We got Cat 2.

In 2018, Level 4, about 6 rows in. Good seat.

In 2011, we were way up the back of the southern stand. Third last row. Awful seats.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Diamonds

Post by Diamonds »

M34 row J 5 of us Legends but varying years of service.
P12 in 2018
M52 in 2011
You are only as old as the person you feel
eddiesmith
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by eddiesmith »

makri wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:Collingwood may well have randomised P1 but then ticketek were supposedd to allocate tickets on "next best avaialble". They didnt, they did random so rather than get next best available seat some people got standing.
This was Collingwood's error. 100%. From what I understand Collingwood allocated seating categories to barcode numbers and then this info is passed on to Ticketek.
Yet the exact same thing happened to Geelong last year, is that Collingwood’s fault too? Or is the one common denominator more likely at fault…
Clemo

Post by Clemo »

Cat 7. 13 year Legends member
Go Pies !!!!
makri

Post by makri »

eddiesmith wrote:
makri wrote:
Yet the exact same thing happened to Geelong last year, is that Collingwood’s fault too? Or is the one common denominator more likely at fault…
And the same thing happened in 2011. The clubs are in charge of what ticket category goes to what barcode, this is done by the club's membership departments. The logical process would have been to start with the P1 members and start allocating cat 1 until they run out then cat2, etc until all P1 members were filled. Then move to P2. This has not happened, at the Club. If the error had been Ticketek's the ballot would have been re-done as the club would have been in a position to say 'you didn't follow our instructions' or something along those lines.