2023 Finals Tickets

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 319 times
Been liked: 99 times

Post by think positive »

Dark Beanie wrote:Agree its never been perfect but was it this much of a shermozzle in 2018?

Seems like ticketing and getting tiickets was worse this year.
yea and with our membership base and voice, its highlighted.
imagine if we were playing the bloooos!!!

hopefully the squeaky wheel sees some changes
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

RudeBoy wrote:The club should have ensured better treatment of Legends members in the allocation of tix BEFORE promising Priority access to GF tix.

The club is trying to pass the buck onto Ticketek, but we Legends members forked our $950 each, on the basis of promises made by our club.

At the end of the day, our club, Ticketek and the AFL bear joint responsibility for the shoddy treatment of loyal fans. Not good enough.
i have said all along that pies membership is merely paying for the convenience of being allocated a reserved seat for 17 games plus social club and the add on of guaranteed access to a gf ticket. if you were to pay at the gate for a reserved seat for every game you would be paying similar amounts without the guarantee. the priority 1 only assures a ticket not a better seat than any other priority.

at least with some other sports i can get my seat for a final. perhaps this is what they should change it to - the option to buy your seat and if you don’t want it, it goes for resale.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.

Post by 5150 »

One more thing, I wonder if it will ever be revealed the allocation of the 17000 Collingwood / Brisbane members seats in regards to category ie: 1000 x cat 1 to 6, 10000 x cat 7 and 1000 standing. It seems the premium part of the membership doesn’t make to GF day.
stoliboy
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by stoliboy »

Hi xxxx,

The Club is aware that many Members have questions regarding the Grand Final ballot.

We are currently working through this and will have an update shortly.

Please note that Club phones will turn on at 10:30am to allow time for our staff to be equpped with all necessary information.

To opt-out of 'updates & ticketing' SMS, reply STOP to +61485871313
Sydney Collingwood Supporters Club
http://sydneymagpies.magpies.net/
RudeBoy
Been liked: 131 times

Post by RudeBoy »

The club seems to be working to assist poorly treated Legends members. This is good, but this stuff up should never have occurred in the first place.
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 83 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Good luck to all those going to the G on Saturday. Enjoy your seat or your steps and give the lions absolute hell for all it’s worth. Wherever you are go Pies!
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark of the last quarter
stoliboy

Post by stoliboy »

I’m a Priority 2 member (Interstate Social Club) who was unsuccessful in the ballot.

I am after 2 tickets with seats if you know of any that are for sale… want to go with my 74 year old Mum which is why don’t want standing room.

I know there are a lot of people who have missed out on tickets, especially Legends members.

But thought I would ask.

Good luck everyone.
think positive

Post by think positive »

John Wren wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:The club should have ensured better treatment of Legends members in the allocation of tix BEFORE promising Priority access to GF tix.

The club is trying to pass the buck onto Ticketek, but we Legends members forked our $950 each, on the basis of promises made by our club.

At the end of the day, our club, Ticketek and the AFL bear joint responsibility for the shoddy treatment of loyal fans. Not good enough.
i have said all along that pies membership is merely paying for the convenience of being allocated a reserved seat for 17 games plus social club and the add on of guaranteed access to a gf ticket. if you were to pay at the gate for a reserved seat for every game you would be paying similar amounts without the guarantee. the priority 1 only assures a ticket not a better seat than any other priority.

at least with some other sports i can get my seat for a final. perhaps this is what they should change it to - the option to buy your seat and if you don’t want it, it goes for resale.
ive said this over and over, year after year! its easy and it makes sense!
think positive

Post by think positive »

John Wren wrote:

ive said this over and over, year after year! its easy and it makes sense!
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

is anyone in MCC.
piffdog
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by piffdog »

5150 wrote:One more thing, I wonder if it will ever be revealed the allocation of the 17000 Collingwood / Brisbane members seats in regards to category ie: 1000 x cat 1 to 6, 10000 x cat 7 and 1000 standing. It seems the premium part of the membership doesn’t make to GF day.

Well… it does - you have a guarantee that you will be let through the gates. Some priority 2 and 3 members might have got a better seat, but probably 3 out of 4 got nothing and will be watching from the couch…

Now I’ll get the maths wrong, but if we have 17000 seats, let’s assume we have 12000 legends members. That means for the approximately 94,000 who aren’t guaranteed, there are 5000 tickets to go around. Those odds are worse than 1 in 4 (assuming everyone applies which we know wouldn’t be true). Even if half of the remaining 96k apply for P2 and P3 that’s 5k tickets for nearly 50k people.
Last edited by piffdog on Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
swooper
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by swooper »

think positive wrote: all the clubs need to get together. the fact that non competing clubs members can get tickets with AFL gold is a joke!
30 % of tickets are corporate, i understand sponsorship but 3 in every 10 seats has someone who may or may not be a competing club fan, or even an AFL fan! there is the biggest joke!
I agree that the corporates get way too much allocation, but its not 30%, its 16%
Magpiefan3

Post by Magpiefan3 »

Got tickets in Q11 Row S.
2016 Player Sponsor for Travis Varcoe

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
tdl888

Post by tdl888 »

Hi there, just wondering if there was anyone that had 2 spare tickets to sell for the GF. If so, could you please send me a PM.
Many thanks
stoliboy

Post by stoliboy »

swooper wrote:
think positive wrote: all the clubs need to get together. the fact that non competing clubs members can get tickets with AFL gold is a joke!
30 % of tickets are corporate, i understand sponsorship but 3 in every 10 seats has someone who may or may not be a competing club fan, or even an AFL fan! there is the biggest joke!
I agree that the corporates get way too much allocation, but its not 30%, its 16%
I also think next time Ticketek could do a “practice” or “simulated” ballot draw first. Club could check that there were no issues and they could then proceed with the normal draw.

FIFA does “practice” or “mock” draws prior to major tournaments for the draws of Groups.